SA on TV [dream]

black_mamba

I had a wonderful dream a few nights ago - someone had created a documentary about social phobia and I was watching some scenes of a young girl talking very candidly to her counsellor. This comes a few days after seeing a programme on UK tv about a remote village where most of the residents had some sort of mental disorder.

Has there ever been a feature on tv about SA?

And ... if there was, would you go in it to talk about your problems?

I wouldn't have the guts, maybe if they distorted my voice ...

black_mamba

Dunno about the US, but here there seems to be a trend for documenting the slightly more ambiguous disorders and illnesses on tv (or am I just imagining it?)

I'm not even sure how others would feel about 'outing' the condition, would it be good or bad?

Cryptolysergick

I need to move there then, so I can drink coffee on tv and talk about my problems, then the camera can catch me doing soemthing normal and they will say "see these peopel are normal!". In teh us, they even fire you from your job if you have SA (happened to me) so you probably wont see this on 20/20 anyday.

black_mamba

Scene 1; Crypto is picking his noise and black mamba is having a conversation with her hand.

(cut to director and camera man, both with worried looks on their faces) "Half an hour of this and we'll be laughin'" says the producer, "it costs next to nothing and we can give it a fancy name like Social Disfunctional Disorder".

Woohoo! :lol:

Cryptolysergick

tee hee! Sounds about right, infact this encouraged me to make my own mockumentary on the subject, wich will include a man who wont leave his bathtub one day and the fbi and dia has to coem in and try to get him out.

black_mamba

Imagine his wrinkled skin after a few hours in a bathtub though, he/she will look like a monster from the swamp. Maybe you could add a bit of 50s b-movie horror in there as well for fun.

*toomanyideas* 8O

Cryptolysergick

Indeed! then he finally, gets up because hunger gets the best of him, he must snap into a lsim jim, then he comes out and he gets blown to smithereens head exploding all over the palce and shit, then randy savage comes in and snaps into a slim jim.

Cryptolysergick

Yea it is! randy savage was a wrestler who advertised slim jim wich were beef jerky sticks with a fancy name so people woudl place their heads into their asses and feel cool while eating dried meat with that white whit in teh middle. I want to maybe call it, Melon:Whats Inside?

black_mamba

Great, I was just looking through that phobics-society page and discovered I may have a case of BDD. Whoopieee! :lol:

My doctor's gonna be .zzzZZZZ'ing when I go through my shopping list of problems.

...and action!

Pussy_kat

I think there should be a documentary on uk tv about SA because people don't understand and think Im lazy when I don't want to go out. It would put a few people straight. Kxxx