Running out of coping resources.

Crimefish

I saw my p-nurse twice. We didn't talk about the stuff that actually affects me and we didn't talk about SA. When I brought it up, she said I didn't have a phobia, and she said I wasn't clinically depressed.
So my tutor called her to ask if it was okay to keep coming to see me. I get several panic attacks each day that I see a tutor, and yet, my p-nurse said it would be fine.
So I have no hope left. I think about suicide every day, and I don't know how much longer I can cope. Whenever I mention it to my mum, or a tutor, they just act like I'm being teenager-ish.

What do you think I should do? Tomorrow I have an appointment to see my p-nurse, plus a psychiatrist (because she doesn't know what to do with me).

-Jp

if you're not sure if you have SA read over the 2nd and 3rd article on this page. That website was how i found out i had SA, alot of the symptons descibed in the arcticles should be familiar to you if you have SA.

http://www.socialphobia.org/

When you are confident you have SA you need to get to someone that understands your problem and understands what it means for you in every day life.
so hopefully the psychiatrist in your appointment tomorrow will understand but if she doesn't do ask for someone else. a lot of people in psychiatry do not understand this problem.
your best bet is to ask for a cognitive behavorial therapist.

LilMissTragic

The psychiatrist should diagnose you and then you can start getting the help you need, if your not satisfied then try another therapist.
I hope your appointment goes well :)

kelz

So, she didn't think you're clinically depressed?

What planet is she on. The next time you see her, you tell her exactly what you are telling us. Tell her you feel suicidal and that you are extremly depressed. You would not feel like this if you weren't feeling so low. If you feel at the next session, you are not getting anywhere, go to see someone else. If you need to talk to anyone about how you are feeling, I am quite happy to listen and give out the information that I think you need to know.

I know life can suck, but it can also be good, you just need to get the help you yearn and there is help out there.

x

kelz

and another thing, write down exactly how you are feeling, put everything on that piece of paper and take it into your next session. I know sometimes it's hard to get everything out that you want to say.

x