Running out of coping resources.

Crimefish

I saw my p-nurse twice. We didn't talk about the stuff that actually affects me and we didn't talk about SA. When I brought it up, she said I didn't have a phobia, and she said I wasn't clinically depressed.
So my tutor called her to ask if it was okay to keep coming to see me. I get several panic attacks each day that I see a tutor, and yet, my p-nurse said it would be fine.
So I have no hope left. I think about suicide every day, and I don't know how much longer I can cope. Whenever I mention it to my mum, or a tutor, they just act like I'm being teenager-ish.

What do you think I should do? Tomorrow I have an appointment to see my p-nurse, plus a psychiatrist (because she doesn't know what to do with me).

Crimefish

Poop. I meant to post this in the main forum. Now no one's gonna see it.
*posts it in the right place*

Sorry.

-Jp

if you're not sure if you have SA read over the 2nd and 3rd article on this page. That website was how i found out i had SA, alot of the symptons descibed in the arcticles should be familiar to you if you have SA.

http://www.socialphobia.org/

When you are confident you have SA you need to get to someone that understands your problem and understands what it means for you in every day life.
so hopefully the psychiatrist in your appointment tomorrow will understand but if she doesn't do ask for someone else. a lot of people in psychiatry do not understand this problem.
your best bet is to ask for a cognitive behavorial therapist.

Yossarian

Crimefish that sounds like a shitty situation. I've been lucky with my doc because he's been really good to me. I don't know much about the psychiatric profession, but maybe you should see your GP or another if you have already and get it diagnosed properly. You need to really push this, although I know because of SP I couldn't.

Tris

Get a second opinion, i mean if you really think SP is what you have i would get another opinion, i havent seen a doc about it yet but i know if i made the effort to actually tell a doctor or a nurse and they said i didnt have it i would def ask someone else. Your mom is going to agree with her/him being she/he is a nurse, but thats all she/he is, is a nurse. my mom tells me that ill grow out of it, that i just over react and im just shy, but shes also not me and doesnt know how i feel, to someone who doesnt know exactly how it feels to be in this situation cant understand.

Crimefish

Thanks for your replies, guys. It's good to know there are at least some people who understand.
I saw the psychiatrist this afternoon, and she was really great. She said I obviously have social phobia, but it's hard to tell if I have a depressive illness. I start on prozac tomorrow, and I start CBT in three weeks. Praise tha Lawdah! (Which means a lot coming from an agnostic.)
Even though it's far from over, this was a big step forward. I'm so relieved.

Yossarian

Yay! I'm glad to hear it went well. Maybe this could be the first step to a better life. Hope the Prozac and CBT work for you.