robinul giving me indigestine

Iron26

this is really bugging me guys everytime i take robinul on the 4th day i start to get really bad indigestine, the kind that last all day and is tightness and pressure in the middle of my chest, but i get so much sweat relief from just 1 pill, why is it doing this

Jezza

this is really bugging me guys everytime i take robinul on the 4th day i start to get really bad indigestine, the kind that last all day and is tightness and pressure in the middle of my chest, but i get so much sweat relief from just 1 pill, why is it doing this

Why it's doing that is because it blocks the acetylcholine throughout your entire body, so probably this has something to do with some fluids in your intestines that are being blocked by glyco. It's a side effect that is worse for some than for others. Unfortunately I have no experience with glyco itself because it's not readily available in my country as I recently found out when I finally insisted on trying it after having tried anything else.

However, if you're HH is of the palmoplantar kind (or at least partially of the palmoplantar kind, like in my case, generalized, but also palmoplantar) what you might be able to try is to do iontophoresis with crushed tablets of glyco (robinul) added to the trays. This way, the treatment will quite often be more effective in the areas of your palms and feet and the effect potentially lasts a couple of days eventually. Apparently the systemic side effects taper off after the day of treatment but the dryness of the treated areas can last longer because there is some local build up...

You might be able to cut back on your oral intake of the med as much as possible, and limit side effects.

I have the full study here somewhere but if you look up glycopyrrolate (which is robinul) iontophoresis on google you'll be able to find it online as well...

Btw...I'd be interested to know eventhough as I told you, it seems like right here in the Netherlands glyco isn't available (in the end...there must always be a way...); over the years I've heard a lot of things from a lot of people about this drug, most might be genuine and some might not be apparently, but since you came up with this post I'm 100% sure you're genuine, so; IF you have palmoplantar HH, does robinul completely dry your hands out? How much would you say it helps...Do you normally shake hands with people comfortably? Not be uncomfortable because your sweating sitting down inside a hot room? Maybe you could tell me some more about your thoughts about this...

Last edited:

Iron26

i sweat heavy from my hands and feet, also not so heavy from my groin,trunk, and armpits. The piils work awesome i only take one and it dries my whole body up pretty good. I dont even have to wear socks with my shoes and thats like unheard of for me. Before the pills i was terrified of shaking hands, i would have panick attacks which is why i take paxil now. Im always aware of my sweating and really slef concious even if its hot or cold. my trunk and groin sweat less when its cold but my hands and feet dont mattter, try it out it makes a big difference, iv been just taking zantac with the robinul to ease some of the indigestion