Robinul Dosage

Lawsweat

After another embarrasing sweating incident, I went to my doctor for help. He researched HH and prescribed Robinul. Since I don't have HH all the time and only in situations when I am in court or in deposition (I'm a lawyer), he said take it about an hour before court/deposition. He definitely said don't take it full time as HH only affects me about 2% of my situations.

I thought I would ask here -- do you think Robinul taken right before would help, or does it have to be something I take all the time even if I don't have HH all the time?

cm123

I usually take a pill in the morning(5:30am) and it lasts me through school(2:15 or later), however in rare circumstances and the pill starts wearing off and I start sweating again, I take another pill right then and there. I would say as soon as 15mins but some times up to 45mins the second pill has kicked in.

I think you should test the pill out, i know someone who had to take it regularly to notice the effects, however for you this could be different. The best way i think would be to take one in the morning when you think u are going to be in court, and take another one if you keep sweating later that day..... Like i dont take any on the weekends, cause i usually dont leave the house.... and can deal with the sweating inside my house.....

Also, a side effect is dry mouth, this could mess up your speeches in court if ur not use to dry mouth, so test the medicine out :)

hope this helps,
cm

baller86

Sometimes it you need to take it on a regular basis to get your body used to it. Also experiment with the dosages to see what works for you. I didn't see any positive effects until I upped my dosage dramatically. I then readjusted it so the dry mouth and symptoms like that weren't too bad. If you're taking it right before an event. I'd say take it an hour or two before the event cause it does take a little while to kick in. You're still gonna feel hot when your out there but you won't sweat.

r1234

hang on--what's Robinul and if it's as easy as taking a pill, why isn't everyone doing this?

you just take it and you don't sweat ANYWHERE? are there side effects besides cotton mouth? because i'd rather have cotton mouth anyday than sweat issues.

baller86

I've been using it for a few months now and I haven't found any other bad side effects other than the cotton mouth and drying out. It's hard to do excercise or strenuous physical activity on it cause the cotton mouth causes you to dehydrate really fast. Other than that I don't eat within two hours of taking it, so it has maximum effect. As far as I'm concerned this is the closest thing to a cure I can find.

aurelia

baller86 said:
I've been using it for a few months now and I haven't found any other bad side effects other than the cotton mouth and drying out. It's hard to do excercise or strenuous physical activity on it cause the cotton mouth causes you to dehydrate really fast. Other than that I don't eat within two hours of taking it, so it has maximum effect. As far as I'm concerned this is the closest thing to a cure I can find.
How much has Robinul helped you?