Risperidone/Loferamine

Danfalc

Banned
Ive recently been put on risperidone (anti physchotic) and loferamine (anti depressant),ive been on them for maybe a week, I was wondering has anyone been on this combination? Im really drowsy all the time since ive started taking them and was wondering if anyone knew when the drowsiness would start to lift.

Thanks

Danny

Danfalc

Banned
Hellraising said:
Anti psychotic??!! That's a little extreme don't you think?

Heh, thats what i said to my shrink,i think anti physcotics are mainly used to treat people with physcosis,but my shrink said they would take the edge off like the paranoia and the "everyone is judging me" feelings so... *shrug* worth a try i suppose.

maximus

Don't let the term anti-psychotic scare any of you. They are being used more and more by psychiatrists saying they increase the effect of an antidepressant. I was on a zyprexa and then risperidone with an antidepressant, either one made me very tired, completely out of it, all day i would feel like a zombie. The feeling should wear down over time but to me it was unbearable(considering it wasn't doing anything positive.)

btw...nice website

Danfalc

Banned
Thanks for the info/advice guys, neither of the meds are doing shit :( ,oh well i didnt get my hopes up so im not disapointed,im still on the anti d's so maybe they might just take a while to kick in, as for the anti phycotics ive had to stop them cos they were sapping my energy, and with my depression i have precious little of that to start with :evil:

Anyways cheers for the feedback

Danny

hairycat

I have been on Ridperdal for a week. I do not have depression just SA. I will keep your posted on how I go for SA treatment only.

Loferamine?

Is Loferamine the correct spelling? I did an altavista search and this thread was the only relevant result.

With this anti-pyschotic, it looks like it will function by making one's levels of dopamine plummet. Interesting. I have heard of MAOI's being effective for SA, which funciton by raising levels of serotonin, norepinephrine, and especially dopamine. I wonder what the neurological origin if SA really is...