Riding a Bus

Predacon

I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but today after ages of thinking about it I finally took a bus. I know seems a bit pathetic but before I was always worried about attracting attention to myself by doing something wrong like buying the wrong ticket or getting on the wrong bus and ending up high way across town or sitting in the wrong place. But I was determined not to let my fears get to me this time and I have to say it was pretty easy. I always worry when I'm doing something the first time but now that I know what to expect I don't know why I was afraid in the first place.

maggie

Predacon said:
I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but today after ages of thinking about it I finally took a bus. I know seems a bit pathetic but before I was always worried about attracting attention to myself by doing something wrong like buying the wrong ticket or getting on the wrong bus and ending up high way across town or sitting in the wrong place. But I was determined not to let my fears get to me this time and I have to say it was pretty easy. I always worry when I'm doing something the first time but now that I know what to expect I don't know why I was afraid in the first place.
oh yeah, i do the exact same thing Predacon..i overstress and overworry about something for days or weeks ahead..then when i'm actually doing it i think..'it's really not so bad' :roll:

arjuna

Yeah, I was a bit like that when I first started taking busses. Then you just get used to it and do it automatically. I suppose you could say the same about anything.

StainedGlass

Taking a bus is one of my biggest fears. There's just too much stimuli and it all jumbles together and triggers a panic attack.

When I can take a bus every day for a week straight, then I'll know I'm getting a handle on this thing :D

My goal is to do so by June.

loucat

i always hated bus rides

when i was 17 i had to get the bus to college it took an hour and was always packed, i used to feel sick and my heart would race if we got stuck in traffic
sometimes i felt so bad i would have to get off half way through the journey, wait a while then get a much less crowded but much later bus.

These days i drive but i can still remember how awful i used to feel, and how streesed i would be the night before at the thought of getting the bus