Returning items to the store

IceLad

Does anyone have trouble with this?

Recently I ended up buying a few bottles of my favourite mouthwash as it was on offer at buy one get one free. However I’ve only noticed today that there's been a recall of the product by the manufacturer, and you’re supposed to take it back to the store where you got it.

I don’t have my receipts, but I’m still going to take all bottles back as I know I’m well within my rights to. I just wish that it was easier for people with social anxiety to do something like this- the whole thought of taking the bottles back has been playing on my mind for a fair amount of the day.

PhantomPod

Yeah, I get pretty anxious about having to make returns. Definitely bring those mouthwashes back though!

One time, my mom and I bought a bunch of clothing to sell on eBay. Well, there were some things that didn't sell and some things we decided wouldn't sell, so we just wanted to return them. And my mom felt too embarrassed to make the returns (I guess that is, in part, where I get my shyness from?), so I had to make the returns.

I was returning a lot of merchandise, and thought the lady was going to give me a weird/pissed off look and I thought my face was going to turn bright red. But the lady behind the return desk didn't even blink an eye and just puts all of my returns through with no questions asked, and since she was acting so cool about it, I didn't even feel my face start to turn red!

pasteli

When I was on elementary school i went to a pet shop and bought two hamsters. My mum fricked out and asked me to take them back. I found it absolutelly impossible to go back to the store to return them. The though gave me chills! So I asked my grandmother t do it for me. i was waiting for her to come back from the pet shop, hidind in the corner.... You too could ask someone to do it for you

Anubis

Whenever I do something that might offend someone, I try to tell myself that they're perfectly justified in reacting that way. For example, if a store clerk appeared excessively suspicious about the reasons why I'm returning something, I try to envision myself acting the same way (even though I probably wouldn't). For some reason, when I feel like someone is perfectly justified in their actions, I become more focused on problem-solving instead of getting angry and fearful.

It's my own weird solution, but I think anything that allows you to focus and quiet your inner voice can only be good.