Retarted Anyone?

WhyMeDammit

Hello everybody...i'm new here and this is my 1st post :oops: I've been coming here for about 2months but never registered. Anyway heres my question................

Have any of u ever been called Retarted just because of your SA?

People who don't understand SA thinks that we are just weird or kinda slow or something. It really hurts my feelings. My classmates use to call me retarted just because i was so quiet and withdrown.

maggie

i've never been called retarded...but i feel that way sometimes.....socially retarded i guess.....and i feel like i'm looked at as being much less intelligent than i am because of the way i act....and that frustrates me :evil:

stardog

That is horrible :? I've never been called anything like that before (not to my face anyway) but I sure feel retarded when the anxiety kicks in

Just take comfort in the fact you are probably far more inteligent than them really 8)

triceratops

Never been called retarded although I think people prob thought that, when I used to get asked a question in class and my mind would go blank esp in maths because i'd been put on the spot I wouldn be able to think straight. For a long time I thought I was dumb then I discovered I had sa and that mind blanking was due to sa. But I did ok in my a-levels and got into uni so i'm not as dumb as I thought I was 8)

young

i was called young once. It made me cry for like 10 mins straight. Then i got over it.

Yes.

Most people automatically assume that if you have a mental illness then it affects your intelligence when that's not often the case at all.

Films like A Beautiful Mind, Artist like Donny Hathaway (schizophrenia), Van Gogh (bipolar) and scientist like Issac Newton (S.A and Bipolar disorder) are examples of how much that assumption is wrong.

lyricalliaisons

I've never been called retarded, but I used to be called deaf all the time. Everyone thought I was deaf all through school because I was so quiet & never talked to anyone.