Rescue Remedy

Anyone tried Rescue Remedy before for social anxiety? My mum used to give it to me when I was little when I'd get nervous about something but I've been taking it before work this week and I ACTUALLY noticed a difference! I was able to eat lunch in front of my co-workers for the second time ever which is a massive improvement for me. :D

I realized I should clarify in case people haven' t heard of it before. Rescue Remedy is a Bach Flower Remedy (it's made from plants, and to be exact from the label...Helianthemum, Clematis, Impatiens, Prunus and Ornithogalum..made in Switzerland! lol It's sold at health food stores, I got mine at Whole Foods here in the US. I hope it helps other people too, it hasn't cured me or anything but it made being in public a hell of a lot more manageable than usual.

I realized I should clarify in case people haven' t heard of it before. Rescue Remedy is a Bach Flower Remedy (it's made from plants, and to be exact from the label...Helianthemum, Clematis, Impatiens, Prunus and Ornithogalum..made in Switzerland! lol It's sold at health food stores, I got mine at Whole Foods here in the US. I hope it helps other people too, it hasn't cured me or anything but it made being in public a hell of a lot more manageable than usual.

I took it during my exams - it may have made me too relaxed 'cause i passed out. I also got thru an interview with it!

MariahCarey

I havent had it in a while, but i remember it did kind of work for me, made me more "chill", but it would always make me feel really tired a few hours after i took it, i'd always crash to bed.

Plus doesn't it have alcohol in it?

I havent had it in a while, but i remember it did kind of work for me, made me more "chill", but it would always make me feel really tired a few hours after i took it, i'd always crash to bed.

Plus doesn't it have alcohol in it?

It's not supposed to cause drowsiness, so far it hasn't for me. It is alcohol based in liquid form, but you only need an eye dropper full. I've been using it in pastille form which I love - no yucky taste AND it's totally incognito when at work.

MPBHPBC.jpg

I just found this on ScientificBlogging.com.
Does Rescue Remedy Work For Anxiety? Yes, Says Study

"A just published scientific study conducted by researchers at the University of Miami School of Nursing in conjunction with The Sirkin Creative Living Center (SCLC) has found that Rescue Remedy®, an all-natural remedy created from flower essences, is an effective over-the-counter stress reliever with a comparable effect to traditional pharmaceutical drugs yet without any of the known adverse side effects, including addiction.

Rescue Remedy contains five flower essences: Rock Rose to alleviate terror and panic, Impatiens to mollify irritation and impatience, Clematis to combat inattentiveness, Star of Bethlehem to ease shock, and Cherry Plum to calm irrational thoughts. Available in a convenient spray bottle or in drop form, it helps to provide better emotional balance and fast, convenient relief from everyday stress.

Rescue® Remedy has been around since 1930 but had not been thoroughly investigated scientifically. This study specifically examined the product for the reduction of acute situational stress. A double-blind clinical trial comparing a standard dosage of Rescue Remedy against a placebo of identical appearance was conducted in a sample of 111 individuals aged 18 to 49. The Spielberger State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI) – a standard means to evaluate anxiety - was administered before and after the use of Rescue Remedy or placebo.

The results suggest that Rescue Remedy may be effective in reducing high levels of situational anxiety and were just published in the latest edition of Complementary Health Practice Review.

“The result of this independent study is not only welcome news for those of us who encounter stressful situations every day, but particularly for the 40 million Americans who suffer from physician-diagnosed anxiety,” said Ronald Stram, MD, who regularly prescribes Rescue Remedy to his anxious and stressed patients. “Stress compromises your ability to fight off disease and infection. It can even rewire the brain, making you more vulnerable to everyday pressures and problems.”

Noca

Banned
I prefer Clonazepam to herbal remedies for anxiety. Only supplement I take is Vitamin C, (which works really good) since its helped me to not have a single cold in over 2 years of taking it daily.

But I guess if your doctor is a benzophobe then Rescue Remedy it is :D

Lonelykitsune

My cousin take4 sthem before going on airplanes but i nver thought of using it for social anxiety,i just ate them like sweets.Too many can have a laxative effect

mikestar

Banned
Anyone tried Rescue Remedy before for social anxiety? My mum used to give it to me when I was little when I'd get nervous about something but I've been taking it before work this week and I ACTUALLY noticed a difference! I was able to eat lunch in front of my co-workers for the second time ever which is a massive improvement for me. :D

Found it crap and I prefer Kalms