Reload this Page Propranolol HCL - works, but has side-effects

Payn

Hi, I have been using inderal for some times now, doses of 10-20mg before any stressful situation is usually enough and it works well for almost all physical symptoms of my social anxiety, but i have some side effects, especially as a visual disturbance(something like a feeling of depersonalization), dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue...it makes me sleepy and tired.

I also tried a very low dose of 5 mg but it's not work as well as dose of 10 or 20mg. I still had some side effects but it was better than on 10mg. However, for me the worst side effect and that's visual disturbance - still persisted even at low dose of 5 mg.

Recently, I have also tried another a/b blocker - carvedilol, but unfortunately it's not work as well as propranolol and the majority of the above-described problems persist.

My question, Is there any way/tips on how to manage any of these unpleasant side effects(i don't know, maybe adding some supplements or something else...or maybe some other type of beta-blocker ? )

Do you have any advice, ideas on how to eliminate these side effects ?

Thanks.

P.S: Propranolol in combination with xanax makes most side effects even worse, but on the other hand it works great for my social anxiety.