Relatives coming over to stay

THE-INTROVERT

I have this dilemma next week where relatives that only come here once a year or once every two years are coming to stay i cant deal with people invading my privacy i dont feel comfortable with people i barley know stay in my house,

I Probably wont come out of my room but i have to to eat i cantn handle this i feel like i may just sleep it off like i did last time

then if you stay in your room your thinking that they think your some kinda of freak or something i hate this

alanj

In my opinion, if you are in the house you have to at least meet your relatives to say hello. If you don't, you will feel even worse the next time you have to meet them. Also, you won't have peace of mind in your room desperately trying to avoid them. Remember, you don't have to suddenly turn in to a complete extrovert when you meet them, just say a few words. Also, one needs to break this habit of hiding frantically in the room when guests arrive, because if you don't, you are strengthening avoidance behaviour.

THE-INTROVERT

i know put the more i think about the more fear i have the fact that be in my house for a couple of days makes me mad i cant play my music or anything theyll probably come into my room acting noisy i basically going to made to feel like a prisoner in my own home the anxiety levels will be sky high i barely know these people and will only see them once a year and have no interest with them.

Why are we made to suffer like this to be honest find it far easier and not even stressful meeting one of my friends on the street and speaking. at least your not stuck in beetween 4 walls im going to be claustphobic in my own home

and the fact i dont leave the house they probably start nagging me asking me questions why i dont leave house

well guess what not everyone is a people person i hate epople that ask questions like your quiet or why you never come out then make sterotypical comments liek your a computer nerd or something i hate it.