Relationships

hiddenman

Hi guys! I am writing for members' honest opinions; two years ago i had to finish with a romantic relationship of seven years( to be honest with you, she finished it - she could not take it no more - which i totally understsand) - I believe that my social phobia prevented the relationship going further.

It has been two years since my previous relationship; even though i want to get involved again, i fear that my SP will prevent or ruin my chances. I find it difficult to talk to any of my friends about this, that is why i am expressing it here. I hope i am not being too much of a burden.

take care guys, Gary.

blubs

Hey Gary,
I think that if you had a relationship for 7 years...then you can make a relationship work. 7 years is a long time...so something must have been going right for all that time.

SA shouldn't stand in the way of relationships...we just need to find the people who are right for us...& won't expect us to change or be someone we're not.

So I'd say....jump in :)

kazzaa

hi! i find that meeting people is ok if there is no pressure. the people i have been with (in respect to men!) are ones i have either had to work with and have to talk to, and you kind of no then=m before anything else.
you will find someone when it comes. 7 years is long yes, but it will happen and you find someone you click with.
i dont have confidence to speak to anyone otherwise etc, but i "can" when i no them or if you have a neutral topic, like work lol