red face all the time :(

Katrina3

Hiya,im 17 years old and am sick of this, do you ever ask questions of why me?! But really why me? Im not strong enough to over come this and am finding each day a struggle, i am pushing away my aunt and twin sister because i cant talk to any one with out my face burning bright red and i dont know why, i really want to sit with everyone and talk freely with out worrying, i dont want to wear a hat which at the moment makes me feel better, i want to make friends and go out, the sweating is on my hands but its not like anyone can see it can they? So why do i go red when some talks to me, the worse is dinner time, so i had small portains so i could finish quikly and not sit in the same room as people, so iv lost wieght and so much. im even to embrassed to talk to my aunt about it as i no ill go red. it rules my life, i reckon if i could get rid of the red face i would be able to feel confident! I tried to commit sucide because of it, and i need help, but a treatment or something to take away the redness, its all i worry about.
Thanks if anyone can help me i would be really gratefull, i want a life!!!!

maggie

Katrina3 said:
Hiya,im 17 years old and am sick of this, do you ever ask questions of why me?! But really why me? Im not strong enough to over come this and am finding each day a struggle, i am pushing away my aunt and twin sister because i cant talk to any one with out my face burning bright red and i dont know why, i really want to sit with everyone and talk freely with out worrying, i dont want to wear a hat which at the moment makes me feel better, i want to make friends and go out, the sweating is on my hands but its not like anyone can see it can they? So why do i go red when some talks to me, the worse is dinner time, so i had small portains so i could finish quikly and not sit in the same room as people, so iv lost wieght and so much. im even to embrassed to talk to my aunt about it as i no ill go red. it rules my life, i reckon if i could get rid of the red face i would be able to feel confident! I tried to commit sucide because of it, and i need help, but a treatment or something to take away the redness, its all i worry about. hi Katrina3...yeah, i ask myself "why me?" sometimes..a lot actually, but then, i think..everyone on earth has a "handicap" or issue of some kind to deal with...so, for me, i guess this is it..sucks, i know. As far as the blushing thing, i do blush as well...but i find as a conversation..or situation.. goes on..the blushing is worst right off the bat..then seems to get better. Maybe someone else will know more on how to help you with the blushing thing...but otherwise, have faith in yourself..maybe find someone you can trust..talk to them, write them a letter if it's easier..and remember you're not alone in this...most of us on this site feel the same way you do and can try to help :)

Katrina3

Thanks

Hiya, thanks, for your reply, well i thought about hypno, maybe that would work, i dont know, what do you think?

rubyted

hi btw , yes i wondered if hypnosis wud work as well. like u i have a huge blushing problem. it takes over my whole life and stops me from getting where i want to be !!!! it feels like ur the only one in world that feels that way but , im not. i even go red talking to my mum sometimes. i just dont understand it !!!!!!! will it ever stop!? :oops:

Ametyl

I go red when someone I dont know very well or at all speaks to me, and also in a big group of people when the focus is suddenly switched to me or someone near to me, it's awful. Just the thought of having someone speak to me...ME scares me, why would someone want to speak to me? What have I done wrong now? Erghhh then the redness kicks in, that makes it ten times worse, having your own body rebelling against you. I havent got a clue what to do about it either, I just pray I'm not thrown into such a situation :S.

Ametyl

I go red when someone I dont know very well or at all speaks to me, and also in a big group of people when the focus is suddenly switched to me or someone near to me, it's awful. Just the thought of having someone speak to me...ME scares me, why would someone want to speak to me? What have I done wrong now? Erghhh then the redness kicks in, that makes it ten times worse, having your own body rebelling against you. I havent got a clue what to do about it either, I just pray I'm not thrown into such a situation :S.

Ametyl

IceLad

I often go red talking to people, especially when the centre of attention suddenly focuses onto me. It's so frustrating because it's something which you can't control and can happen completely unexpectedly.

jayo

Hi

I'm 33 and suffered badly from this type of blushing at 17/18.

My friends would chat comfortably with the opposite sex while I squirmed at the thought.

The good news is that you get older it will improve.

You'll mature and gain more assurance and self belief in time.

This thing is caused (although it's hard to believe) by recurring automatic negative thoughts.

Smash this process and you're on the road to recovery.

Try Louise Hay's subliminal self esteem tape for 10 days.

Trust me - this will change your unconscious thought process.

J

Blade

I am 44 and still suffer from this , it has affected my life and i,m sure i would have done better for myself if i did not have this problem , i have learned to " put up with it " , i avoid certain situations but i still would love a cure and keep on looking , good luck to everyone who suffers and to those who dont suffer from this part of our phobia , count yourselves lucky because it really is awful , you would not believe some of the things i thought about because of this problem

Blade

Coral

I also blush really easily (being a redhead doesn't help!) - it's at its worst when I have to do a presentation (like at school/uni) or even in everyday group situations. It's actually the worst thing about my social phobia, or to be honest that maybe has even led to it. It's so crippling, I totally understand. Some relief for you I hope is that it was worse for me in my teens (now in late 20s) - but it still occurs. So I'm hopeful that over time it does lessen. It has meant me not being able (or willing) to perform in groups to the best of my ability, or even to speak up at times when I know I should have. I'd love to become a teacher & am not gonna let the phobia beat me! Up til now I've always avoided jobs that mean you're at the frontlines, even to the extent of not having a summer job cos I knew it'd have to be in a shop or somewhere I'd have to be on display (cash register, etc).
God helps me though, & tho it's a horrible phobia to have I guess there are worse illnesses, i'm tryin to remember that. I advise you to trust God for His confidence, instead of relying on our own wobbly 'self' confidence. :)

maggie

..for me, i blush the most at work...and sometimes, for example...the guy i'm serving coffee to thinks i'm flattered by his attention, or attracted to him or something, and that's why i'm blushing :evil: ...then maybe a stupid comment will come my way...like they've somehow accomplished something really cool by making me blush???!!!! meanwhile, i am just blushing...cause that's what i do :roll:

suzycello

"...like they've somehow accomplished something really cool by making me blush???!!!! meanwhile, i am just blushing...cause that's what i do "

haha that really made me laugh..its so true isnt it as if there was any achievment there ya know! yeh i complelty understand what all you guys are saying and whats so upsetting is that well speaking from my point of view im not shy at all iv always been confident and outgoing then it hit me the crazy blushing and sweating.im doing cbt at the moment and its really helping but for anyone that is so desparate and i empathise so much with the desparation green conceler has really hepled me.its 2 quid from boots just put it on underneath your foundation and no lie- you see no red at all-my warning however is that i know it has become a complete crutch to me so bear this in mind (i have to wear it everyday now) and im sure that by wearing it it has hidden the problem so well it has tried to come out in toher ways ie sweating but none the less if you are desparate this will prvide the relief at least from the idiot that try to make a comment about it.....look at me i just noticed that she went red..surely i should get a medal for this!...ridiculous

suzycello

ps me and my sister have the same problem and she laughed when telling me the story the other day of how when she used to work in a cafe and this guy came in that the manager knew liked my sister and he said look mandy my friend sam has come in he is sitting over there so u can take a break and talk to him and for god sake mandy dont go red again....needless to say she obv did.but how amusing that someone would tell u not to go red as if you could control it....oh alright then just this once il not go red for you...but imnot making a habit out of it hehe

refined_rascal

I'm 35 and have suffered from severe blushing since I was 17 or 18. Though my blushing is only part of a larger problem (rosacea), it has almost destroyed me. It's the combination of rosacea and blushing that has lead to my severe anxiety.