"recovering shy guy"

TimArends

Hi all, this is only my second post here, but I hope to become a regular poster. This looks like a pretty big forum. I was impressed by all the threads here.

I am of the age where I am looking to help other people more than being helped myself. I like to call myself a "recovering shy guy." That is, I have overcome my shyness to a large degree, and that which I have not overcome, I have learned to work around. I am also an introvert, so I guess you could call me a "shy introvert."

Shyness is something that you should work to overcome, but introversion is just a part of you, and one that you should accept. "The introvert advantage" by Martí Olsen Laney is a good book for all you introverts out there.

As you can see from my signature line, I am also the maintainer of the Internet shyness FAQ, which used to be called the alt.support.shyness FAQ.

For hobbies, I enjoy the Internet, technology, Macintosh. I am a part-time professional magician. A family entertainer, I don't claim to be another David Copperfield or the "mind freak" guy (can't think of his name at the moment). Oh yeah, Kriss Angel!

Well that's a long-winded enough introduction hope to see you on the boards.