• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Okay, but not great

• Total voters

Ayla

I've gotten distracted by life, unfortunately, and these Edmonton meetings have fallen by the wayside.

I recently got a request for a meeting, so I thought, you know what, why don't we lay down a fixed time, once a month for an EDMONTON SOCIAL PHOBIA MEETUP

Here it is:

the third thursday of the month, at Second Cup, Churchill square, 8pm

So that would be February 22 this month.

For anyone who feels afflicted by any form of social phobia or shyness that is debilitating enough that, well, they want to come :)

And this is not aimed at any particular age-group. Come old, come young, and in between. Share your experience.

Don't be shy; and even if you are and you just can't help it, don't worry, come anyway.

Ayla

Lol...well, thanks for responding, rko...

I hope some more of you checked out the post and are secretly wanting to come....

I'll be wearing a white jacket on thursday. I have curly brownish blondish hair. I'll also have a book on my table (or will be reading a book) about tulips (why tulips? well, its the most distinctive book I can see in my room right now). So you don't have to go around asking strangers if they're me; you'll be able to tell

Ayla

Okay, well, no one came, unless some one came and was afraid to say anything! which is cool :)

I didn't really mind, just did some studying for a while.

I'll be there next third thursday of the month.

rubius

Well Ayla, you seem to be having trouble getting people to show up to these meetings. I have to say good for you for trying. I hope people will show up for the next one. I for one am way too scared to go. Coffee shops are too full of people for me. It may be that this is a problem for others as well. Maybe somewhere like a park or something would be better? Just don't wait there alone, there are weirdos out there. I would like to meet other SA people but I am very shy. Keep trying and good luck.