RE: Need true bullying stories that happened to you in K-5

3cs

Banned
RE: Need true bullying stories that happened to you in K-5

Hi, my nickname is 3Cs. I am a grown-up writing a book about ways to deal with bullies in grades K-5. I would appreciate any true stories you are going through now (if you are in those grades) or that you can recall from during that time. I will not use your real name. I do want to have real events that real kids are dealing with, rather than just pulling events from my imagination.

Here is a true story that happened to me back when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade. At the time, I was a skinny, scrawny girl who cried easily whenever I got my feelings hurt. As I recall it, these two boys would punch me in the stomach nearly every day at recess. As this happened over 40 years ago, I can't recall if they were in my same grade. I know they were not in my same class. I think they were one year older than I was. The playground was really large, and they always managed to do it when the teachers were not looking. I believe only one of them did the punching and the other one was the look-out. I would run and tell the teacher, but they either wouldn't or couldn't help me. I think the fact that I cried so easily really wore them out. They probably felt helpless to help me, and often, people who feel helpless, get angry or impatient.

I don't remember if I told my parents about it. I know I told my older brother. He was three years older than me. He kept telling me that I had to force myself not to cry. He also told me that I had to make myself laugh and smile, even though it hurt physically and emotionally. Toward the end of 3rd grade, I finally took his advice. I forced myself not to cry. I even made myself laugh and smile. They started hitting me more and more softly. Finally, because they could no longer get a negative reaction out of me, they got totally bored and left me alone. I was so thrilled. I was looking forward to a bully-free 4th grade year. Unfortunately, my Dad got transferred to another state, so I never got to benefit from that experience with those two boys. It was a lesson that I never forgot though.

That's one of my bully stories. If you are willing, please share yours. I would appreciate stories that would include whether you are a boy or a girl, what grade you were in, were you the victim or the bully, what happened, how you dealt with it, and were you able to make him or her stop. I appreciate you being willing to help. My goal is to help kids today to deal with bullying-type situations.

Best Wishes to you all,
3Cs :D

LoveMyTroy

I think it’s great that you are writing a book about that can’t say I completely believe in the method and I can sympathize with the fact that no body seems to want to help when you are going through, something like this That was wrong of them to say they could do nothing they could of suspended those kids and thrown their asses into a detention centre or made sure they were away from harming people and got the help they needed to stop them from doing that. I am very sorry that happen to you and glad you are turning it into a positive by trying to help others that have gone through the same thing. Best of luck with the book.

3cs

Banned
12 Interview questions

:?: 12 Interview questions for people who are willing to share your story with me about a time you got bullied. It would be helpful if you will copy the interview questions (Control + C) and paste them into your message (Control + V) so you can answer each one. I am very grateful for your help. I think this book is going to end up being for upper elementary, middle school, and high school kids; therefore, feel free to share stories that happened to you grades K-12.

1. Are you a boy or a girl?

2. What grade were you in when this bully situation happened?

3. What did the bully say or do that got you upset?

4. Was the bully a boy or a girl? What grade was he or she in?

5. How did you respond? Did you cry, run away, call them a name back, hit them, tell a teacher or parent, or what?

6. Where did this bully situation take place? In the classroom, cafeteria, gym, playground, hallway, bathroom, or where?

7. Were there any teachers around at the time? Did they see? Did they respond? Did they help?

8. If there were no teachers around, did you report to a teacher what happened? What about your parent or guardian? Did either or both of them do anything to help you?

9. Did the bully do anything to bother you again or was it just that one time? If they did bother you again, what did they do this time and all the other times?

10. How do you respond each time?

11. Has the bully ever apologized?

12. Do you do anything to self-mentor yourself in an effort to make yourself feel better such as remember to take deep, calming breaths, give yourself a pep talk, confide in a family member, guidance counselor, friend, or someone else whom you trust, write in a journal, distract yourself with an enjoyable activity, etc?

Thank you so much for your help! I feel your answers will be really helpful to others reading this forum and the book I am working on. Have a wonderful year! I wish you all the happiness in the world.

Best Wishes,
3Cs