Quitting Smoking

UniqueMoyo

So I decided to stop smoking today. I heard that smoking can increase panic attacks, and not to mention affects your breathing. So I am going to do everything in my power to not have one. So far so good :D

UniqueMoyo

Helyna said:
Very smart decision! Good luck!

Dear Helyna,
yeah didnt work out so well lol
but i still want to
its just hard
and increased my panic attacks by trying to quit lol
soo i think im going to wait till i get a cold or something
usually when im sick i dont smoke
so thats perfect timing for me to quit
thanks tho for the support :D

madmike

I quit ages ago, and now that i'm at uni i constantly crave a cigarette. I'm trying to be strong and resist it, but they somehow made things easier, made me more daring and social :/ Don't feel too bad about being a smoker, there's too much damn fear mongering in the world now sometimes you have to make a statement (EG. I DON'T CARE ABOUT INCREASING LEVELS OF STABBINGS OUTSIDE MY HOUSE AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK ME WANDEING THE STREETS ALONE IS UNSAFE) Seriously, sometimes i hate this society for instilling so much fear :evil:

JonnyD

i seriously hate smoke and i think tabacco should be illegal, nothing is worth what it causes.

my dad had smoke for 20 years and he stopped, but not soon enought to get cronical lung problems, but i'm glad he stopped before anything worst could happen.

takes a lot of will to quit, but you took the first step :)

Helyna

I'm sorry it didn't work out, but I hope you keep trying. It is so worth it. You have enough problems without cancer. Anyway, I can see quitting causing more panic attacks at first, since you're without something you depend on, but I think it should get better. And the breathing issue is pretty big.
I was expecting more people to jump at this, but you know there will be people here to cheer you on.

UniqueMoyo

Thanks everyone,
I really want to quit i know its not helping my body and my panic attacks
i want to get healthy
because when the body is active the mind is as well
im tryin to exercise more often
in hopes that maybe if i notice
how out of shape i am and how i get winded fast
ill be more motivated to quit
btw running sucks!
i ran today and almost died
and only like two blocks!
I seriously need to stop
but thanks again everyone!

T87

I quit smoking cold turkey about a month ago. Everytime I want to smoke ... I tell myself that not feeling my heart beating a mile a minute is worth not smoking. It seems to work for me. I've been chomping on gum like crazy, though.