Quitting at last

mostlyokay

Hi,

I'm quitting (or attempting to quit - on a long term contract) at last. I just don't think the job is viable anymore. I think I may have been harassed but I can't see that taking it any further would do me any good. I think its best just to cut ties completely. I'm pretty scared, for starters I don't have another position lined up and there isn't much opening in my area. I have some money saved up and my husband still has his job. I feel like a bit of a drag on him but he does understand, and he has done things which have cost us as well. I think spending a bit of money for a chance at a better lifestyle and a bit of happiness is worth it. He doesn't like his job either so it makes for a good time for a move. Also I'm scared to start someone new, what if the same thing happens? I realise that its unlikely to be this level of bad again and I suppose its worth the risk. What I mean is its worth the risk of rejection or been dragged through the mud for the chance to go somewhere truly awesome (or I'd settle for mediocre at this point in time:)

Wish me luck,

mostlyokay

ohheybbyitscorixx

Even though job prospects are scary out there, I'm glad you thought of your happiness. Even if you start out minimum wage, it's something! Some jobs you get to meet people, and make contacts, or maybe you could even go and get training or go to college. If you muddle through the day being absolutely miserable, is that job worth it? Probably not.