question regarding ionto use

andie2

I have been using a Fischer iontophoresis machine for several months and find it VERY helpful for palmar and plantar HH. But I find it irritating (burning) the tops of my feet more all the time. I only do it once per week and I put Vaseline and a diaper rash ointment on the tops of my feet and hands, but they still hurt a lot and are very red after the treatment. I do it for only 10 minutes each hand and foot and at no more than 12-15 strength - any suggestions? Thanks.

HH

I've just thought of something you could try-waterproof plasters, stick some on the worst areas and see how that goes. Also after the first 10 minute session is over I always add more water so the waterline is not the same, have you tried that.

andie2

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried changing the waterline, nor the plaster, but its not just at the waterline that I have trouble. My feet, in particular, get burned on top, even where they are fully submerged. It is like a sunburn. I use a cortosone cream afterward and they are pretty much healed by the next morning. I did even get a small blister once. I am going to try going down to 9 minutes at just 10 (I forget the units of strength) and see if that is just as effective. I feel I can experiment with that a little on my left hand/foot, since that is not the "hand-shaking hand."
Another thing, sometimes in between treatments, I feel odd, mildly painful nerve sensations in my right hand. Has anyone ever heard of ionto leading to nerve damage?
Thanks so much! I'd love to hear from others as well on all of this!

HH

Maybe try doing the treatments at around 7-8mA for about 15 or so minutes, I think if it goes below 5mA it doesn't really have any effect. Have you spoken to your GP/doctor about the machine you use and about the burning? You try not sinking your feet cmpletely-just have enough water to cover the bottom of your feet.