Question for those that do botox regularly

SweatyBoi

Hey guys, I've been trying a lot of different options for my hands and I just feel like I'm running out of them..so I'm interested in finding out about this particular option. From what I read it seems that people that do it experience success for months. My questions are for those that have tried this option.

1. Which parts of your body do you treat using botox?

2. How much does a botox session cost you in your area? Does insurance cover any part of it?

3. How long does a typical botox session provide you with dryness, if any length of time at all?

Again, if you've gone the botox route and have any input to share I would be highly appreciative if you discussed it with me. Thanks!

teandtoast

1. Which parts of your body do you treat using botox?
Armpits
2. How much does a botox session cost you in your area? Does insurance cover any part of it?
Free o NHS
3. How long does a typical botox session provide you with dryness, if any length of time at all?
2 months approx...varies though per person

DaaaBulls

Botox works very well. I get the Botox done on my palms.

There are two routes that you can take to pay for the Botox. Insurance, at least mine, would cover about 80% of the cost which would come out to about $180 out of pocket for each session. The other option that you have is if you do not have insurance, you can sign up for free Botox viles through Botox inc. In order to do this you need to have no insurance and make less than 100K per year.

To speak a little more about the financial part of Botox I would like to point out the positives and negatives of each option that you have. If you do have insurance and decide to take that route, the down side is that they will only usually pay for treatment every 6 months. This is a major concern because the Botox only works well for around 2 months. You might be able to talk to your insurance provider and have the doctor recommend that you get more than 2 treatments per year.

If you decide to go with the free Botox it will end up costing you more out of pocket, but you will more than likely be able to do the treatment more than twice a year. I believe that Botox inc. will supply you 3 times per year for your treatments, so every 4 months. Now another thing to mention with getting the free Botox is that you can have your dermatologist order free Botox viles for you hands AND your feet, therefore getting 4 viles instead of just 2. If you're anything like me then you could care less about your feet and I just use the extra 2 viles for my hands. I have a good relationship with my dermatologist and they order the 4 viles for each treatment, I use 3 of those viles on my hands and save the 4th vile for later. This allows me to do treatment 4 times a year with 3 viles for both of my hands instead of just 2 viles for both of my hands. My dermatologist charges me $400 for each treatment, so it is more out of pocket cost. It might be good for you if you decide to take this route to go around to different dermatologists and find out what they will charge you. At that point they will be charging you just for their time because they are getting the Botox for free and thus do not have to charge you for the Botox as well as their time. This means that one dermatologist might charge you $600 for their time and another might charge you $300, so it is worth looking around and asking them. I like to do it this way over the insurance because I get to do the treatment 4 times a year instead of just twice, and I also get to use 3 viles for each treatment instead of 2 viles.

If you do neither of these options than Botox will cost an egregious amount of money. The price for me to get the Botox done without insurance or the free Botox plan was going to be around $1200, and I was told that the dermatologist was actually cutting me a deal with that price, so it is safe to assume that it would have cost more.

Like I said before, the Botox will work for around 2 months for me. After 2 months the quality of the dryness decreases every week until around 4 months when it is no longer working at all. Botox is not a cure by any means. It helps drastically but it is not 100% perfect. I like to break it down by stress levels. If you are under no stress the Botox will keep your hands 100% dry. If you are under mild stress the Botox will keep your hands 95% dry. If you are under heavy stress then the Botox will keep your hands 80-90% dry.

The main reason I choose to do Botox over Iontophorisis is because of the fact that once I get the Botox done I do not have to worry about doing any sort of treatments for my hands. When I do the Iontophorisis I have to do treatments every day and that becomes a burden to me. With Botox I just get it done every two months and do not have to worry about any sort of treatment, which frees up a lot of my time each day and it also frees up my mind because I know that I do not have to do an Ionto treatment. For me they both provide me with the same amount of dryness.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.