Question about depression

I've suffered from anxiety for a while now, and recently bought St. John Wort. Yesterday, i had a semi-panic attack(lasted long though) and took it, and felt better for a while(4 hours). Later in the night i was panicing again and than got a bit depressed and eventually scared myself to sleep. I woke up an hour later and felt GREAT! Why???? I'm not the depressive type, so i don;t know how it can come and go.

Today i did the same thing, paniced real hard and long, took the Wort, but today no panicing, i'm just real deprssed right now, well i got deprressed after sunset and was fine in the day?

Am i going through a quick SAD season depression thing, or is the Wort messing with me? cause i never got depressed after panic attacks.

My symptons right now are, just feeling a bit scared and worried for no reason, and usually at night i'm fine and the best.

r0ck0ut04

I think anxiety and depression go hand and hand. Its kind of like a cycle you get depressed cause your anxious or vise versa.

pinkputter

yeah you said youre not the depressive type??? Me EITHER! Yet i am depressed, but think about it. Have you ever been depressed before your anxiety hit its harest? For me, I havent.

Sadly like the post above mine, anxiety and depression usually do accompany each other. I dont know anything about the medicine thing you were describing. And depression doesnt HAVE to present with anxiety but its common.

Maybe it helps to realize if it werent for your anxiety you woldnt be depressed? That helps me anyway. I'm like "its ok if i can focus my energy on getting over anxiety, my depression wont even be here."