Public Speaking will be the death of me...

Iseesky

I know many of you shy guys and gals out there feel the same way! I have to do a presentation in school tomorrow. That's bad enough, but it becomes worse when the presentation is in FRENCH. Which I'm terrible at speaking! I was wondering what everyone else does to 'relieve' their anxiety before they must do public speaking in school or anywhere else. My teacher insists we do more of these presentations this term and I'm always petrified the day before, the day of and during the presentations. Anyone have any good techniques to make yourself not so nervous?

4seasons

The best part about a presentation is when its over, the fact that you got up and did it is the best feeling in the world.

_Brittany_

4seasons said:
The best part about a presentation is when its over, the fact that you got up and did it is the best feeling in the world.

i wish i could say the same!! every time i'm done giving a presentation i start thinking about how dumb i must've looked =o

Iseesky

_Brittany_ said:
4seasons said:

i wish i could say the same!! every time i'm done giving a presentation i start thinking about how dumb i must've looked =o

Thanks for the tips! I agree, it is the best feeling...knowing you're done and can watch everyone else present! Then, like you, I start to wonder how I looked while presenting...the feeling doesn't last long!

AlinaGirl

I think everyone is just concerned about their own presentation. They probably don't think about/remember ours nearly as much as we think they do!

But I understand, too. What helped me was focusing on the material, or the audience, and not thinking about myself. Then I feel much more confident. Pretend it's only acting and not real, and repeat words to yourself that help build confidence. You can fake confidence, with a little practice.

Iseesky

I'm actually getting better at faking confidence...good timing because I've got ANOTHER oral presentation coming up in French. I really don't like me teacher :(

harry

hey drivemycar.....
don't give damn what other thinks about you.be yourself.and practice before the mirror until you are confident enough to face the audience.even if you petrify,shiver no one gonna see your shaking hands.

you are the best...leave the rest