Prozac?

aubrey

Have any of you or are any of you currently taking Prozac? If so, could you please tell me how it's worked for you and have you experienced any weight gain and/or sexual side effects? Thanks in advance.

Hellraising

I used to be on it for a while. Nothing changed, no side effects.

You know it's for depression right? And not for SA?

aubrey

My doctor said it's also used to treat anxiety, but I don't know... I tend to take a psychiatrist's words with a grain of salt.

helsbells

prozac

im taking 20mg of prozac, im going to ask doctor to increase dose to 40mg. it is good for depression, but sofar not had much impact on sa. if that doesnt work, im going to try zoloft which is more tailored to sa.
anyone had experience of it?

i have not had any side effects from prozac, no weight gain and sex is as good as ever... if not better, so dont be too concerned about side effects.

hope it helps.

kattness

I took it for about 5-6 months,they kept putting up my intake but nothing depression wise changed. i found myself smileing more but not wanting to :?
sexual wise or weight gain it didnt change a thing, if anything it makes you more active.

Just because it didnt work for me doesnt mean it wont for u. i think u have to take any changes u are given.If u feel its doing you worse its easy to stop.

aubrey

I'm beginning to see what you're saying. I haven't been on it long, but I feel as though it's bottled my depression up - like it's still there, but I can't express it, so from the outside it looks like I'm doing better. It's kind of a creepy feeling, actually.