Prozac help?

Derrick08

Hello everyone I have ocd and i just got perscribed prozac to help with my symptoms. I have been on it for three weeks and I'm now on 20 milligrams, after the first two weeks on 10. I currently have stomach pains and i feel like my emtions are lessend. Willl these symptoms go away, any advice anyone could give me would be great.
Thank you
Derrick

de-vin

Well i've never taken prozac, but I have tried many meds, so if anyone has experience its me...anyway those symtoms are common and with my medication Im having plenty of symtoms...honestly they never go away but they do tend to lessen a bit, but still bothersome for me...the loss of emotion is what bothered me so much...im taking anafranil and it completely got rid of my OCD but Im apethetic now...but it is normal

GettingThere

I agree.
I have never taken a course of prozac but have taken various other medications for years.
I find that the initial undesireable side effects normally do not last for long.

Binkey

i also take prozac

I also take prozac, and right now im am on 60 mg a day, the symptoms you are expiriencing are common with ALOT of medications but will lesson as you keep taking it. As for the stomach pains eat something before you take it, it'll help.

obsessive

Yep this defnitely is normal as your dosage has been increased . Most antidepressants/anti-anxiety meds have unpleasant side effects and will eventually lessen as your body gets used to them . I myself have experienced this. Though if it doesn't lessen tell your doctor.