Propanolol

pyro16

ive never had this problem of blushing before, this past year has been rough at work and home, which may have started it, but i could be in a conversation with someone ive known for years and i start thinking about blushing, and then i do.

im thinking of going on Propanolol, and take it when needed rather than everyday.

im not currently registered to a doctors as just moved home, is there any way of getting this soon, i have a new customer facing job starting soon, and dont want to blush in front of them, i dont mind paying for it if i have to.

thanks for any advice

FOR REAL

Banned
Propranolol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if your in the uk, what happens is that you go to your nearest GP surgery (the doctors), register with them and your file from your previous GP gets passed on to them. im not sure how long it takes. i dont think it takes long though.
Propanolol is usually given out by the docs easily in the uk and you wouldnt have to pay money at all
i looked at your profile, it doest say if your from the uk or not.
if you are in the uk then all of the above is my experience

pyro16

ok, went to the doctors, and got the pills.

i took a couple about 2 hours ago, and feel relaxed, although ive not put myself in a situation where i would normally go red.

my first test will be saturday, im goin to a party with the in-laws so i know ill go red at some point.

will keep you posted.

FOR REAL

Banned
i hope they work for you pyro16 :)

when i replied to your thread i should of known you are in the uk, cause its in the uk forum!! silly me!! sorry its only me who puts threads in the wrong places :D

cure

I have the same problem with blushing and my doctor prescribed me Propranolol too. It helps. Some antidepressants work really good too.

pyro16

ok quick update, works very well. i took 2 pills in the morning, couple of hours before i had to be at the event, and it did help, to be honest i did blush very slightly at one point, but it was hot wearing a suit, and i never had the racing heart issue.

I have now carried on at work, taking a couple of pills before and they work, no more anxiety.

They work well if you know your going to blush. I have felt myself start to blush, but then the pills kick in and stop my head going bright red.

My plan is to use them, and hopefully get into the habit of not thinking im going to blush and then slowly come off the pills, there helping me get a bit more confident, but im having to be careful and not be cocky.

hope that helps anyone who wants to use these, bottom line is, they do help.