Prom help! Going as friends....

csi226

Okay, so a coworker invited me to her high school senior prom as friends. I am in my first year of college so there isn't much of an age difference. I said yes, because I figured, she just really wanted someone to go with her and Prom only happens once, blah blah blah. Anyways, we are pretty good friends at work, but I'm worried that I won't really fit in because I am really shy around people I don't know ( I don't know anyone in the group but her) Also, I've never really hung out with girls outside of work.. I didn't go to my prom/wasn't much of the partier back in high school either. The last dance I went to was in seventh grade, and surprise surprise, I didn't dance... how can I make the night fun for her without it being awkward on her, the group, and me? Any tips/advice?

Also, I kind of like her, but I know she just wants to go as friends, so I'm constantly reminding myself that we are going just as friends. Like I said, I've never hung out with girls outside of work, never had a gf, etc... any advice on this issue? Honestly, I was kind of surprised that she asked me...

Finally, when we did hang out once after work recently, it was really weird, like the conversations wouldn't flow the same way they would at work... what can I do to try and fix this? Also, I don't know how to dance...

Thanks for the advice,:)

CSI226

RND_CHR

If you're going to make a move on her, prom is an ideal setting. You can just kiss her at the last slow dance or something and if she doesn't like it just play it off like you were just really into the moment or something. But if she said explictly that she wanted to go as friends, she's probably not into you so just be prepared for whatever. I dunno, I wouldn't really worry about the impression you make on her friends. If they're outgoing, just let them carry the conversation and be nice and friendly.

Thelema

Dancing is the best way to get close without any chance of rejection. Do as much dirty dancing as you can! Don't let that chance go! That's your best opportunity.

csi226

I'm not worried about the slow dancing. It's the fast dancing that I dont know how to do... and the fact that the Prom itself is in like 2 weeks and she asked me a few days ago...