PROGRAM thay may will beat Anxiety

Volga

Dear Brothers and Sisters of Social Anxiety World-members :D

We all are suffering under the same kinds of "sickness", too afraid to do normal and regular activities like
eating out, going to the theater, visiting the library and so on. It's so difficult to do the same types of things that the
majority of individuals do every day. We've all read numerous theories about experiencing those same
situations and so on, and dreamed about them as if we were there.

Yet does it really help? It might, if you're already strong enough to ignore your shyness.

But, like you all know, anxieties start with simple, destructive thoughts, and only gets worse the more you fixate.

1. People are looking me
2. People are judging me
3. Now I'm shaking because they all certainly looking me
4. Now I'm blushing
5. Damn it. EVERYONE has noticed me because I look like a tomato

Anxiety begets anxiety. But it is possible to end this cycle quickly.

When it begins, ask yourself if there is anything about yourself that sets you apart from those around you.
Anything glaringly-obvious. Unless you're a huge, green alien, then no-one really IS looking at you. This is the key. :D

Still, as you all know, we haven't beat our phobias through our own strength.
Some of us suffer for 10, 20, 30 years and still haven't come any closer to beating it, even with visiting psychologists, or taking anti-depressants...

They do help, but its up to you to make them work. But the question is, if you can do it yourself, then why haven't you succeeded?

Some can. Most need other people, friends, or family to supports us.
But since everyone has their own duties, they can't be always at your side, and we're simply too shy to bother them anyway.

Now, I've got an idea, but I'm not a programmer. I'm hoping that there's someone here that can, and I'd like to create an
"interactive-support" website. Meaning that people with Social Anxiety, Agorophobia and so on will register
in this site and will get 'WEEK-LONG ACHIEVEMENT-PLAN', and must earn 100 points every week by doing random activities.

For example:

1. Monday - Go running or walking in public for 1 hour
2. Tuesday - Go to library or movie for 2-3 hours
3. Wendneday - Go fishing or play squash with a partner
4. Thursday - Hang with 2 friends; find new friend; or have an in-depth discussion
5. Friday - ...
6. Saturday - ...
7. Sunday - ...

Well, you get idea. Every activity will allow for a maximum amount of points, like, say; Monday I ran like the wind and earned 20 points.

Sure, the program is faulty, since you can cheat by saying that you went running when you really didn't... but why lie to yourself?

Anyways, I'd suggest that a weekly goal of 100 points should allow you to make steady progress; so 7 activities at x20 points for a total of 140, and you'll more than succeed your goals.
You can still ignore some of actitvies, like we always seen to do anyhow. :D

I think there should be some kind of Score-board what will tally the daily totals, and those who stay in the schedule
would be prominently recognized.

And getting high scores brings harder and more interesting challances... but could you handle it? If not, then dont worry.
You can alway return back to "regular" activities what this program offers, and you can always

But with continued enjoyment of these randomized plans, then at some point, you'll be able to claim that your anxieties
have been 'cured'...
"
The idea is raw and full of faults, but I think we together can make very good website what will really help to push our boundaries.
Its not a business-plan and no one will get rich... this service will be free and will always stay that way, simply to help more people that need it.

So, if there's a dear programmer and webserver owner out there, please help us to make dream come true. ^^

And mostly we need ideas and thoughts what will make this program better.

Idea from Doug and Raido

This is a very good idea!!! :thumbup:

It does remind me of this program i have on pc, called "Points Motivator", where you get points for eating good food, doing exercise, etc, etc. And (in theory) ONLY if you have >0 points are you "allowed" to do pleasurable things, or eat luxury foods. I think in the end i was "slacking off" too much, so there was no point in continuing with the program .. but i did give it a good try. Perhaps if i tried again, maybe with a slightly different system, it might work for me? Maybe, but my willpower/energy is very low at the best of times, so who knows.

I'm been a recreational programmer for 25+ years, although web programming isn't really my thing. But this has got me thinking... :thinking:

Volga

Thanks! :) This site looks kind of how I visualize our site looks like. Sorry about bad English and the Typo that I made in title, but I hope that u get my point :)