Private Therapy Cost

BlackKids

So I thought it might be a good idea to go the a therapist and try work out some off my issues.
I just spoke to one guy who charges 60euro per hour. What the hell??? He seemed more than qualified but damn. I always get the feeling that they would rather make a profit than help.

weak

It's a business, so of course it's about profit.

My therapist charged $75 per 45 minute session. If she had a PHD and could prescribe meds, it might be worth it. But she can't, so **** it. It's a ripoff.

froghat

Yeah, I went to a therapist for a few years and he charged like 70 bucks for 45 minutes. I finally stopped cause he wasn't really helping and my mom's insurance ran out. I'm self employed now and make decent money, but I have no insurance, so I'd still have to pay a ton to restart therapy. I was thinking about trying someone new, but I really don't want to spend 70 bucks a week.

Fairy001

So I thought it might be a good idea to go the a therapist and try work out some off my issues.
I just spoke to one guy who charges 60euro per hour. What the hell??? He seemed more than qualified but damn. I always get the feeling that they would rather make a profit than help.

I hope you can some how afford it.

Please remember these people have to earn a living, pay tax, support families etc. Just because someone chooses a profession that involves helping people does not mean they don't have mortgages, debt, cars and also desire a decent standard of living.

Peace

Noca

Banned
Ive never paid anything for my health care including therapists. The only money I expend is for parking and even that I seem to get around.

I had a good lot of CBT sessions at the university with psychology students (under care of qual. ppl) for free. I'm now using a private psychologist for family member. In Australia you can see your GP and go on a 'Mental Health Care Plan'. This allows for a min of 6, max of 12 sessions with a private psych - fully refunded via Medicare, often bulk billed so no pay (check with psych. first, not all do this). After 6 sessions you can review with your GP who can refer you to 6 more if you need it. Private costs are around $120/hour mark, from memory