Post office

Lotrsfan

Guess what. The manager at this shop i work at as part of work placement asked me a favour to go to the post office and i was thinking to myself "arghh!" LOL lol but i did it! She couldn't do it because she had to stay in the shop, because say if i was on the till and i needed some help (i do get stuck on the till see), she wouldn't have been there or say if the other guy (who's going a school work experiance) wanted help so that's probably why she wanted me to go. Luckily the shop is in my town centre and there's a post office there too so i didn't have to go too far. But she wanted me to ask for some 2nd and 1st class stamps and get a parcel posted off. I managed well. I have been to a post office before but when we have to take parcels there, that's usually what my mum does, so i haven't really done it before. But now i have and i know what to do next time if she wants me to do it again. :D

Would anyone else have done this or would you have actually told the manager "Uhm...actually i'm sorry. I don't want too!" (i couldn't say that, she'd think i'm hopeless! :lol:)

and uhmm have you had to do something as a favour for a manager/boss?

spct

i'd've probably been too embarrassed to refuse as well!

i remember the first time i went to the post office on my own a few years back

felt pretty pathetic feeling nervous about doing something so normal/trivial

nice to know i'm not the only one though!