Positivity

Scottish_Player

I just wanted to bring a bit of positivity to the forum and ad a little bit about how things have been getting better for me.

A few months ago at work there was a re-shuffle and i got told i was being moved to a new yard to work, i was at first very unsure about it, planning to quit my job and had all the anxious feelings that go along with that kind of thing. I was'nt too happy at my current yard at the time but it was a case of "better the devil you know" and i would rather have stayed if i could have at the time, even although i hated the place. Any way since leaving that yard i have realised it was the root of alot of my problems.

Since leaving things have changed so much, i feel like a new person in the place iam now, iam no longer the quiet guy iam part of the team now even if i dont want to be :wink: . One of the guys i am currently working with has helped me change so much and he dosent even know it :roll: just from watching him and how he does stuff and handles things i have learnt loads. My confidence had increased about 50% and my self worth has picked up, most of all the big black depression cloud that was above my head has been lifted :D

I would have never have thought that a work place could bring on such a negative feeling like my last one and like i said if i was given the choice and would have prob stayed in the last place and would still be the same old me but looking back now iam so glad to have moved :wink:

abc1234

thats awsome glad to here your feeling better.and just stay positive and good things will happen. i am currently im the same positon you were with your old job i had and i am the weird quiet guy iv wanted to quit so many times but i fear i wont be able to find another job

Scottish_Player

abc1234 said:
i am currently im the same positon you were with your old job i had and i am the weird quiet guy iv wanted to quit so many times but i fear i wont be able to find another job

WHEN you do get out of your current job and start a new one just remeber that the new work people dont know that your quiet and stuff like that so its a chance to reinvent yourself and be the person you want to be :D thats the way i thought. It was like no one here really knows me so i can be who i want to be and i did although not to the extent i would like have i still came out my shell more than i ever have and it feels good.

abc1234

every job iv ever had i went in to saying that but still ended up going back to the same way with my other jobs. i want so badly to be able to be my self around more people but i get to nervous and think its better to say nothing then to talk and end up mumbleing or freezeing up. its tuff but i try to stay positve and tell my self on day ill be happy again hopefuly sooner than later i cant take it much longer. im at an all time low in my life and feel really lonely and shitty all the time

kenny

I can totally relate to what ur sayin abc, about being the quiet shy guy at work (when i did have a job)

Im trying to keep positive at the mo, but its not easy with no job, the little bit of confidence i did have has gone, and i cant find it. i am reading a book at the mo called 'face the fear and do it anyway"...easier said than done, at the moment everything is terribly mixed up

sorry to put a downer on your positive thread S_P, good to c u feelin better :D

renegade

Good 2 hear that Scottish_Player, i'm glad you made a step forward into conquering your SP. Being around normal and joyfull people helps a lot. I think you're very happy now about taking that risk. :D