positive affirmations/exposure what more can i do

waine

I have worked on my core negative beliefs to do with social anxiety/depression but will repeating these and thinking back to times when i did something positive actually in time change your thinking at a subconscious level like they say it will. I should say that i am doing exposure work in a charity shop also. Will this combination crack social anxiety do you think

Danfalc

Banned
I think so!Haha sorry that's not a confident answer one way or the other.But I think anxiety is a complicated issue.Still I think you should see some changes for sure.They might be small at first and take a while.

I think we have to be patient with ourselves though.We have thought in specific ways for so long that we maybe can't expect to just snap out of it.Do you still keep an anxiety diary and stuff like they sometimes make you do In c.b.t?I know it can be a pain In the butt to fill them out,but I find they are more reliable than our sometimes selective negative memory ::p:

just wanna b normal

being positive. i think you have to actually apply those things to your life. like telling yourself to be positive & actually being positive is two different thing. but yeah its good that your trying to get rid of your negative thoughts thats what you should do. and i would say thats a good thing that your doing volunteer charity.

3lefts

It's working for me.
The less importance I give my negative thoughts and bad memories, the less impact they make on me.
I'd say it helps.