Pointless Post

Scottish_Player

One thing that normaly holds me back as i guess is the same for most people on here is careing to much what other people think, for me iam slowley chagning this to an attitude of " i dont give a fuck" i dont mean that iam just not caring about anything anymore iam just trying to stop caring what people think of me,most stuff happens infront of people i will never see again anyway. And when i think that someone is thinking someting about me when ive done somthing, the chances are they are probably not so then why should i worry about it. As for when somthing happens that cause me to gets anxious ive started to just sing a song in my head till the thoughts stop happening and it soon works. I used to punch my self on the leg or just shout out (only when i was alone ) but i havent done it very much in the past 3 to 4 weeks and all i have realy changed in this time is my thinking.

Its another one of my pointless posts but i just want to offer somthing positive and well this is it :D Iam still not a very outgoing person and all that stuff but iam generaly happier in myself for doing it :)

maggie

hiya Scottish....i'm gonna try that attitude tomorrow...sounds like a good plan...now, i just have to think of a song :wink:

IcanDoIt

seriously, this is not a pointless post,

infact, its a beneficial one i should say..

it helped me, i hope it will help u too..:)

Angie_05

I agree, very useful post.

I have felt that way my whole life, like I need to be perfect in front of every person I come in contact with, whether or not I will see them again. I hide the bad sides of me, even from my parents. I keep trying to just say "who cares" about what they think. It's a VERY slow process though. Sometimes I succeed, but I have to be conscious of the negative thoughts. Otherwise they just come naturally.

Life is so much easier to not worry though. I have realized that at least. Good luck to everyone who is trying the new "who cares" attitude.

GettingThere

[As I wrote on a post on quotes]
Pythagoras (so much more than a Mathematician) summed it up nicely when he wrote;
"Rest satisfied with doing well and leave others to talk of you as they will."

racheH

I keep trying to just say "who cares" about what they think. It's a VERY slow process though.
Heck yes. Took me nigh on three years. I found that every time I'd get through something with a little less discomfort than before, the anticipation anxiety would also fall a little, as I had a new expectation of how I'd feel. Celebrate every time that happens, maybe even make a note of it, and please, no-one give up. It's a very rewarding journey by the end. Honestly. :)

annie

Hi cassie,

The song that you sing to yourself "I Don't Care Motherfucker" is just SO negative. Boy if I sang that song every day I think I would want to commit suicide.

Can the moderators remove this from the forum. Anyone who is really vulnerable and suicidal would really feel bad reading this.
I am a strong person and I could read it and only read it out of curiosity and found it appalling. Bad choice of words and comments in that poem. I will give you 10 points for negativity....

annie 8O