Pocd

scaredtolive

Ive had POCD for a few months now and Im scared to death. Im a 24 year old female and i want to have a family one day, but im scared i will become a child molestor. Any advice???

Ive had POCD for a few months now and Im scared to death. Im a 24 year old female and i want to have a family one day, but im scared i will become a child molestor. Any advice???

hmm i'm not sure that all POCD sufferers will present with paedophillia like traits do they? but im not very familiar with this disorder...and then even if you do doesn't mean you would be compelled to act upon them. There would be many a peadofile minded people out there who have never acted upon it.

maybe something you should disscuss with your GP or psycotherapist? and possible treatments...like is there hormone replacement therapy or anything for those with POCD?

Last edited:

scaredtolive

im not attracted to children, i have horrible intrusive thoughts, but since u dont know much about the subject you wouldnt understand.

hey im going through the exact thing as you right now and dont worry about other peoples comments it very commong for you to have those fears and its good you are scared as reall peados arent scared they love the fact they feel that way and will most likely have children just so they can do sick stuff like that have you gone doctors i tend to get violent thoughts also which cripple me and only mentioned them to the doc instead of pocd thoughts and they said it could be linked to depression but they reckon im not a mass murdering serial killer iv been put on new meds but arent very affective but got to run a 6week course on them iv also relapsed into anorexia as i would rather obsess over anorexic thoughts and also punish myself because of them :/

Read the post that I made on this thread:

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/housebound-27294/

I think it will help you A LOT.

Fight your thoughts, don't let them beat you - if you keep fighting and fighting - you WILL eventually succeed. I know this personally. Yes, it felt like hell when I was going through it, and I thought my life would be over and I would never overcome it. BUT I DID.

"Do this or your life will be over" - tell yourself that and it'll help alot ;).

You can do it!