please help with medication

renski33

Banned
Hi to all,|I am new to this.Got few panic attacks,but two days ago was the worst one at work and eveyone were laughing at me because they did not understand,I had to take half day off and go home.My boss wasn't very happy and as I have just 6 months contract i am worried to loose my job for this.I told him about my panic but not sure if he understand.They just thought that I overtook coffeine tablets and that's why I felt that way,but it was really bad panic attack.So I've decided to go see doctor to help me, and she prescribed my DIAZEPAM.Not sure Can anyone help me what sort of tablet is it,will it resolve anything? If not can you tell me what tablets are best or better any other practics than tablets???

Hi renski33, welcome to SPW! I've never had much luck with meds. What has worked for me is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). ACT is based on mindfulness, our own values and something called Relational Frame Theory (RFT). You can try ACT through some self-help workbooks, they're about $20 each on amazon.com.

Jolie34

Well I have been taking Propranalol (beta blockers) and they seem to stop the panic escalating, you still have some sensations but they really take the edge off while leaving you able to try and manage them through breathing.

Its a great help and I have never had any nasty side effects.

Wendy

Danfalc

Banned
Hiya :) i think diazipam is from the barbituate fammily of medications.There kinda of like a mild tranqalizer in a way i guess in that they calm you down and chill you out.. and they work quite well.There basicaly valium if ya have heard of valium.Im on them myself and they really are a life saver.. they dont cure my anxiety by any means.But if im really struggling.. or know ive got to go out and do somthing i find really anxious and panicky.. using diazipam will calm me down just enough that i can actualy function widout my fear taking control.

Theres arguments for and against them,because they can be addictive and very hard to get off if you do get addicted.But i find personaly aslong as you dont mis-use them and take em only when you really need to there affective.If you look them up on the web there should be plenty of information out there.