Please help me, anxiety is killing me slowly

PurpleMonkey86

I keep willing myself nauseous, but I cannot control it.

I know that sounds nonsensical, but it's a real problem and a long story. I had an infected wisdom tooth that kept me chronically ill until I could get it removed. I would get extremely nauseous and unable to eat anything. It hospitalized me in April which caused a fair bit of mental trauma. I felt as though I would die in there. I think I had a few panic attacks in the hospital bed while isolated all alone in there with no food in my stomach for days. Just thinking about it now makes me want to vomit.

Well, now I am virus-free and my wisdom teeth are gone but my mind is seriously messed up. I keep thinking about how sick I felt and willing myself to become sick again. This triggers an awful bout of anxiety and I often have a panic attack because of the fear of falling ill again. Often, I am anxious and nervous all day for no reason now. I was given 12 ativan by a doctor in the clinic 10 days ago, but they are down to 4. I fear running out of them and I fear ativan addiction. Both of those thoughts sends me into a panic.

Also, I am often nauseated now by the mere thought of food. I never have any appetite whatsoever because of the anxiety. If I eat or think about eating I get nauseous. If I get nauseous I have a panic attack which triggers more nausea. It is a viscous cycle. I am on multi-vitamins but I have only eaten a small amount of food in the last 3 days because I am so terrified of the nausea and panic.

The doctor who gave me the ativan also referred me to a psychiatrist, but she cannot see me until the 9th of October. That feels like it's a million millennia away and I will never survive that long if I keep going on like this.

I am at a loss for solutions - it's ruining my life. I don't feel like I want to take my own life at this point. However, I feel that if I looked outside my window and saw a plane speeding down at me ready to crash right into me that I would not get out of the way.

Certain thoughts send me into panic mode too, I have to try my best to not think about them. Some of these thoughts are: running out of ativan, drinking apple juice, seeing my friend Lewis, eating out at a restaurant.

Please help me. I want my life back.

Last edited:

WelshOne

I went through a short period of finding the thought of food nauseating. It was due to the constant anxiety I was feeling throughout the day, and a few things helped me.

One was having a prescription for some food suppliments... I think they were called Fortisip, and basically they were flavoured drinks will lots of nutrition in them. Having a few of those each day took the pressure off me for having full meals. The meals I was having were "light" things, like soups and salads.

Another thing I tried for the nausea was tablets specifically to supress it. I think one, for example, was called Stematil. To be honest, these didn't help me so much, but in the end I was taking one called Omeprazole, which actually just lowers the amount of acid produced in your stomach... but it seemed to help me, and the nausea subsided after a little while.

mismeek

If you run out of meds.. cant you just go back to the doctor for more?

I was unable to eat if i had to go anywhere and since i went to school all day i wasnt able to eat from 6am til 5 in the evening. I always had a fear of throwing up in front of people, so i felt if i didnt eat then there would be nothing for me to vomit up.

When i was sick to my stomach from not eating all day i would nibble on light things like carrot sticks.. they dont feel heavy in your stomach and they have a light taste clean taste that doesnt make you want to throw up.

dont worry about how much youre eating. that will make it worse.. as long as youre eating something then youre okay.

Another idea is to try to nibble on something while your doin something, like watching TV or reading a book. Youre not totally focused on what and how much youre eating and it makes you panic and stress over it less.

I would also try to do some deep breathing or meditation

I hope this helps.

PurpleMonkey86

No one here can make your anxiety go away. Start taking action and do it yourself. See a psychologist. Do some exercise, change diet, meditation and breathing exercises. Sorry, but theres no cure for anxiety, but we can learn to cope with it better when we reduce our stress levels and expose ourselves to out fears gradually.

I mentioned that I cannot see a psychiatrist until october, because that is the nearest appointment.

But I have been walking 1-2 KM every night, which only helps me short term.

Breathing deep does nothing but remind me I am going insane.

Noca

Banned
Try taking one of the following for nausea: Prochlorazine, Zofran, Nabilone, or Maxeran.