Please help. I get really annoying feeling wen i eat anything

jay604

Hi there , Im 34 and for the last 17 years ive had a problem wich my doctor says its OCD. Everytime i eat anything i feel botherd to the point my neck gets very tense and i start rubbing my face to get rid of the annoying feeling i get around my neck and face. The only way to calm this annoying feeling down after i eat is to take a shower.

Its not like food falls on my face or anything its just as soon as i put any kind of food or drink in my mouth i get that feeling instantly. The ONLY thing that does not bother me is wen i drink water.

My doctor says it a mild case of OCD but for me this problem is HUGE as this effects my daily life. Ive been given some medication but they havent helped. This effects my daily life as i rather not eat out for dinner and if i do i have to go home to shower. I feel so annoyed after i eat i have a hard time spending time with my daughter cuz ill be in a bad mood.

I feel i have to go through hell just to eat somthing everyday. If you know anything about this condition and how i can get treated for it PLEASE help.

it does sound very ocd'y to me ...although it one I haven't come across before ...but the ocd takes no prisoners does it ??

Is it the food in your mouth that triggers it , or the swallowing food etc etc are you having thoughts to accompy this or are you just frieking at having food ?

( I have just got up and its a bit hazy)

As anyone on here will tell you you have to fight the urges to reduce the stress and make the compulsions and thoughts have no power.

Imagine by now your getting strung out at the prospect of eating and knowing you will need to shower .

Have you tried resisting the urge to shower ??

I know its easier said than done and you need the shower to feel better , but your just feeding the ocd.

It will be stressful but if you do nothing to eradicate the feelings in your face they will go on their own . ..after a few goes hopefully the feelings before you eat will also start to go because you are not feeding the ocd by showering to get rid of the feeling.

I hope that made sense.

:)

jay604

I start feeling bothered immediately after i put food in my mouth. Ive tried ignoring the feeling by not showering but the feeling will bother me all day. Whats interesting is that the bothering feeling moves from one side of my neck to the other from time to time. The only time I truly feel so good is in the mornings before i eat anything.

I cant be the only one in the world with this promlem.