please get help for your social phobia

kevd

Please get help for your social phobia.
I don,t want to bore anybody but i,m a 46 year old man and was bullied as a child at school having to leave and have a home tutor all those years ago.
Since i have spent my lfe running away from social situations.
Even though i am married with grown up children i am still suffering from depression,rapid mood swings and my confidence and self esteem is zero.
After years of working in retail this last 3 i have been mostly unemployed and even though i can get jobs i end up running away or talking myself out of them after i,ve worked so hard.
I have studied to be a counsellor and passed levels 1 and 2 but today after starting level 3 i lasted 1 HOUR before walking out due to the anxiety and social phobia.
I really want to help other people with (C.B.T.) cognitive behavioral therapy but need to help myself first which i am finding so difficult.
I,m sorry for the rant but i,m gutted i,ve let my family as well as myself down with this internal bully that beats myself up about everything.

So MY MESSAGE IS.PLEASE try really hard to get help for yourselves with this problem so that it doesnt persist whilst my age.be kind to yourself and if you find a cure let me know.
Tomorrow i,m going to start again.
I wish you well in overcoming social phobia and similar problems.
Kevin :roll:

kevd said:
I really want to help other people with (C.B.T.) cognitive behavioral therapy but need to help myself first which i am finding so difficult.

Hi Kevin, I've tried CBT and lots of meds and they only made me worse. The only thing I've found that has helped me is Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT). ACT is similar to CBT, but it doesn't require negative thoughts be magically changed to positive thoughts before we can start to live our lives.