Play an instrument?

I've played the piano for 10 years...REALLY want to learn to play the bagpipes, even though everyone tells me that's weird. I think they are awesome

IamThisOne

I've been playing guitar for about a year now. I'm not that good. I mostly just make up simple black metal riffs. Mostly tremolo picking. I have fun, though. I wish I could practice more with my amp, but my grandmother is always home and she'll hear me and ask me to play for her.

Tiercel

I've been playing guitar for about a year now. I'm not that good. I mostly just make up simple black metal riffs. Mostly tremolo picking. I have fun, though. I wish I could practice more with my amp, but my grandmother is always home and she'll hear me and ask me to play for her.

Well, why don't you play for her? While you're at it, give her a good shriek, too.

:D

Tiercel

Okay, don't y'all run away at once. I finally got a copy of that song from my friend with my guitar solo in it. Luckily he can't sing to save his life, so no vocals are present. So to be clear, the only "me" in this song is the guitar solo (around 3:18 I think).

About the still-unnamed song: My buddy came up with something on guitar over three years ago now, and wanted to make it into a song. Even though he thinks he's going to play bass and sing, he came up with all the guitar parts (sans solo). I, his hesitant guitarist, had to come up with a bass line for it, so I did. So this song has my buddy playing the bass part that I wrote, one of his friends playing drums and all the other guitar parts, and me playing a solo that took me 49 f:eek:ing takes. Silly things, nerves.

YouTube - a random song

I basically just plugged into the computer and played, so I don't even know what amp model was popped up and exactly what software was used. And apparently my buddy's friend likes to emphasize the bottom end and not the solo.... :rolleyes:

Oh, and I've actually switched those pickups around since the pic was taken. Just in case anyone really cares....

fitftw

Me playing Watch Me Bleed by Scary Kids Scaring Kids. Just started learning this today...not very good IMO...but you can hear my horrible singing voice ;/

it'll only work if you have facebook. sorry ;_;

Welcome to Facebook

Tiercel

I logged into Facebook for the first time in months to watch that video of yours. And while I'm not familiar with the song you were playing, I applaud your effort. And I've always been jealous of people who can play the piano/keyboard. Even though I never get around to playing my own.

And we should jam out. The next time my watch shows sometime o'clock, I'll give you a call. ;)

Tiercel

haha where's CC in NJ? Cumberland County?

I'm actually in the southern, taboo CC in NJ. You know, the one named after the cesspool of a mismanaged city. I even live just north of Camden.

Oops! I mean.... that city that shall not be named.

:eek:

fitftw

I'm actually in the southern, taboo CC in NJ. You know, the one named after the cesspool of a mismanaged city. I even live just north of Camden.

Oops! I mean.... that city that shall not be named.

:eek:

lol I never went there, not even to the aquarium :p I'm in MC.

Tiercel

lol I never went there, not even to the aquarium :p I'm in MC.

Ah, another one of those ambiguously abbreviated counties that we have.

And I haven't been to the aquarium or a concert in Camden in years. Actually, looking at a map of NJ counties, I realize that I should have said that I live in the northernmost "CC." I forgot that Cumberland is in the south, too. But in all fairness, the last time I had to know where all the counties are was in 5th grade.

lunarla

Ehhhh, I can sorta play guitar. I've been playing for a little while, but it seems my skill level just stopped at a certain point. I like playing around with percussion too, I guess. I've also done a fair bit of messing around on recording programs and whatnot.

little clip of something I was messing around with...
delay - delay

lunarla

Cool, and very relaxing. Relaxing is something I can't do too well, so you have both my admiration and my jealousy.

Ha, well it's allllllll that seems to come out from me! People who can really shreddddd, so to speak, is what usually catches my admiration! Speaking of which, nice solo! :)

Tiercel

Ha, well it's allllllll that seems to come out from me! People who can really shreddddd, so to speak, is what usually catches my admiration! Speaking of which, nice solo! :)

Thanks. Though I will admit there really wasn't much improv in it. Pretty much the whole thing was carefully thought about and planned out.

Would you expect anything less from one who worries how others will perceive him?

::eek::

lunarla

lunarla, that was beautiful and sounds like it belongs in the game Flower for PS3. I'll show you. Skip to about 40 seconds in and it sounds just like how you play. Maybe it will inspire you :)

YouTube - Flower PS3 Gameplay

That is very pretty! I'll probably see myself watching that full 15 minute video later in the night... Thank you for the comparison. And the 15 minute distraction. : )

Thanks. Though I will admit there really wasn't much improv in it. Pretty much the whole thing was carefully thought about and planned out.

Would you expect anything less from one who worries how others will perceive him?

::eek::

Well, nonetheless! Don't sell yourself short there, mister.

I very much like both of your signatures, by the way.

fitftw

Flower is very pretty :) so therapeutic to lose myself in the game and forget about everything and just be a flower petal blowing around an open, people-free environment...glad you enjoy