Planning to ask a girl out, any adive would be great.

misterF

Hi all. I'm planning to ask this girl out I see sometimes at language school. I've actually talked to her before and she is very nice which is why I think I'm going to have the courage of asking her out. Last time I was in a relationship was in high school (I'm 21 now) so I've never gone out on a date really. Anyone with social phobia who has had a relationship or is currently in one can give me advice?

Eledee

keep it friendly and casual- that way you will be calmer, and it wont seem as scary...just suggest coffee.

i like that way, cos if they seem to reject you, you can make it seem like you just meant to get coffee as a social friendly thing rather than a sort of date thing?

good luck! :D

misterF

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I've not had the chance to see her since I posted. It's strange because for some reason I wasn't very anxious to talk to her but as this thing drags on and on I'm starting to think about it and get second thoughts. Hope I'll see her before the end of the week.

GloomySunday

Do you have any other friends? It would help to invite her out as part of a small group, rather than one to one. It would probably make her feel less anxious also. Just be yourself. Don't try and impress her. If she likes you, you'll know. Best of luck.

Ricki

- Be sweet and caring
- Do it in the most romantic way possible- flowers- dinner
- Make it a suprise! surprise her by asking her through delivered flowers or meeting her when she least expects it.....

it always works with me!