Physically find it hard to talk.

Egmanns

I find it physically so hard to speak most of the times. the words come out weak or staggered and it really makes me angry. I face situations everyday but i cant beat this physical side. Whos up for a poll ya'll?

maggie

Egmanns, I find it hard to talk every single day! The words get stuck somewhere between my brain and my mouth 8O . Many times I can't even reply to a person, even a simple "hi". I know I get that look all the time, "what is up with her?" Then I feel worse and react accordingly :roll:

Jesse

I am the same way, I will stagger or studder my words. Its gotten to the point where I just avoid it all together. I find that I have to fully think out my sentence now before I will say it. This doesnt go well in conversations cause I am stuck again once I get past my few planned statements.

Is this really a physical problem though. I dont know your situation, but it sounds similar to mine. I know there definatly isnt a physical problem with my mouth or voice, its the mental aspects that get in the way.

Crimefish

Yep, me too. I'm a selective mute, so people treat me like I'm retarded or something, you know - speaking in a really soft voice and stuff. Actually, I don't mind. I prefer people to underestimate me than to overestimate me.

lsgv

i can relate to this 100%. Although, i can write very quickly and i get lot of ideas very fast, it is very very difficult for me to complete a single sentence that makes some sense. I will keep repeating the same word in the sentence again and again before someone else finishes the sentence!! that makes me very depressed and other person feels something is really wrong with me.

I have such a feeble voice, it is difficult for me to talk loudly and i myself cannot hear my voice if it is very noisy place. I have to put lot of energy to speak correctly which makes very tired or my throat sore after few lines.

Is there any drug that improves voice from feeble to resonant. I would love to know that..Also, i wan tto practice some voice exercises to strengthen my voice. Did any one find any book useful? Can you recommend for me..thanks..

Yes

I can relate totally. In social situations, my throat clenches up and I find it physically difficult and painful to talk. I often have to inhale a deep breath or swallow down the lump in my throat before I can reply to another person. Other people are oblivious; they think I'm being antisocial when I don't talk much. I would love to talk, but it is so painful and defeating to try and do so.

It's funny... I slur my speech less when I have had a few drinks than sober. Alcohol allows me to relax and I become more fluent with oral communication. Wish I could be drink every day... (note: I haven't drank in the past 3 months and am totally willing to stop drinking altogether if I find a medication that mimics the socially relaxing effects of alcohol).

Funnyduck

I used to be extreme in that way. But I am much better now. I have people tell me how confident I am when meeting new people...Wellbutrin helped me get over it. I don't even take it any more, I still feel ok when talking to people. Now if I could just get over public speaking :cry: