phone or online therapy?

maggie

jinxed said:
Has anyone heard of any kind of phone or online therapy? Not that I have much hopes in that but was just wondering anyway because I thought phone or online therapy from a professional such as hotlines would help a lot of SA sufferers as a lot of us can't go in person without ruining our health. They seem to only have counselling lines etc for kids/teens but not for older ppl beyond that and I don't know of any. It's a little odd why no one has thought of that, knowing the severe problems, difficulties and limitations of many SAers that a lot of us have in common.
good question jinxed...it's a good idea..maybe someone else will have some info

Tryin

here in slowakia there is a website where you can chat with a psychologist (but i don't think that any of you can speak slowak fluent enough to get this kind of therapy :D ).

autumn_82

phone therapy

Jinxed, some traditional therapists do appointments via the phone. I've been doing therapy for SAD, and my therapist said she did phone appointments with another SAD client. She even did a phone appointment with me when she couldn't make it to her office. Maybe someone could help you check out psychologists in your area.