Phone calls

aj

So I have the phone number from someone at work. Now, supposing I have something to chat about... when people phone each other for a chat, you check that they're not busy and are okay with talking and then go for it, yes?

I've never actually been in possession of a phone number of someone who is not family and is around the same age as me. I'm not quite sure what to do with it!

ROFL, that's such a stupid question isn't it? :oops: :lol:

maggie

hi aj..not a stupid question at all. I'm not crazy about the phone either..and i prefer to answer a call, then to place one. But, if i were you, i would wait for a time you're having a decent day..call this person if you can..and just chat...and see where it goes. Sometimes i make myself a list of things i want to say, in case i get anxious and forget :wink:

aj

It's amazing, I really thought that was stupid yet you gave a great answer :)

Yes, I'm thinking about it, it's so frustrating because I think that I'd be able to talk more normally over the phone, almost like I can on the internet.

I'm slightly worried that if I do find it easier, the floodgates will open and I'll go on and on and on :lol:

maggie

aj said:
It's amazing, I really thought that was stupid yet you gave a great answer :)

Yes, I'm thinking about it, it's so frustrating because I think that I'd be able to talk more normally over the phone, almost like I can on the internet.

I'm slightly worried that if I do find it easier, the floodgates will open and I'll go on and on and on :lol:
hi aj..that would be cool if you cold go on and on and on..and find it easy, i hope so. Another thing i do..when i'm worried the call could go on longer than my anxiety can hold out..and i run out of things to say...is..start off the conversation with something like "hey, i'm heading out in 15 minutes, thought i'd give you a quick call" so i have an easier way ending the conversation when i feel anxiety creeping up :wink: