Philosophy: Falling in Love

"When it comes to love, you need not fall but rather surrender, surrender to the idea that you must love yourself before you can love another. You must absolutely trust yourself before you can absolutely trust another and most importantly you must accept your flaws before you can accept the flaws of another."

Philosophy: Falling in Love

Thelema

You don't need to love yourself before someone else loves you or trust yourself before someone else trusts you. If we did, suicidal people would be the most despised people around.

That logic sounds like blaming the victim to me.

krs2snow

I think its a great philosophy. Self love is a fundamental need. Without it, you could be the most loved person in the world but still die a lonely soul bcuz u never learned to love urself & accept love from others. I definitely struggle with it and have yet to surrender.

Thelma, what do u mean that suicidal people would be the most despised people if the philosophy of "Falling in Love" were true? I don't understand... ?

Thelema

I think its a great philosophy. Self love is a fundamental need. Without it, you could be the most loved person in the world but still die a lonely soul bcuz u never learned to love urself & accept love from others. I definitely struggle with it and have yet to surrender.

Thelma, what do u mean that suicidal people would be the most despised people if the philosophy of "Falling in Love" were true? I don't understand... ?

Because if you need to love yourself to be loved, then a suicidal person-hating themselves-wouldn't be loved.