Pet Therapy?

Sad-Kitten

Anyone heard of this? I was reading about it and realized that my cats have really helped lower my stress and anxiety. It's nice to have someone around that appreciates my company.

Anyone else with pets? Have they helped lower your stress?

Angel_Of_Death

I used to have a budgie, had her for about 7 years. I really liked her. For some reason, she liked me too and we would let her out of her cage all day while my dad was at work, and put her back in when he came back (he couldn't stand the bird)...when ever she was outside of her cage, as soon as she saw me she would fly over and stay on my shoulder. For some reason she only did that with me and no one else. Weird eh ?

It's kind of funny and odd that when my grandmother past away, while she was sick and also at her funeral I did not shed any tears or cry. But when my bird died, I cried...

Sometimes animals can be appreciated or valued as much as human beings if not more, even if it's a simple meaningless budgie.

Sad-Kitten

WOW...That's a lot of stress relief :) . I used to have a pair of rabbits that i found to be both very comforting, and as mentioned above, comical.

What kind of fish you got? I have found that water and fish to be the most relaxing for me.

dottie

pets are the best. they don't judge you and they are an endless supply of love. they give and give. they help me so much.