perpetual slowness? never feeling in the moment?

reslo

i constantly feel like my thoughts are somewhere else. I have a hard time with self-discipline. If someone tells me to do something, or if someone else will hold me accountable for not doing it, it makes it a lot easier for me to do something. And even then I'm not speedy about it, but it has a higher likelihood of getting done. It's like I'm spending my whole life waiting for people to tell me what to do...

I am very slow at most things. I feel that I am a slow learner. Everything I do is just slow slow slow- nothing comes automatic to me- whether it's puting on makeup, chosing clothes, cleaning up, etc. Like I set my alarms ATLEAST 2 hours before I need to leave for something because it takes me like an hour to get out of bed, and an hour to get ready. I just feel like I can never be fast- my slowness has been an issue with my last 2 jobs. I just never feel like I'm doing anything correctly- or what I am doing is the wrong thing.

And part of my slowness is that I tune out- I can start having a hypothetical conversation in my head.. like what if i said this to this person, what would they say back. It sounds dumb, but I can easily spend 30 minutes doing that.... and it's stuff like that that can make me late.

Everything seems to take a long time with me- whether it's short term or long term goals. oh yeah and i tend to forget easily what im doing or not get back to something i started because im spacing off.

does anyone else experience the frustration of being slow alllll thhhheee tiiiiiiime?

or have ideas on how to speed things up? and to focus on the things going on around you instead of the stuff inside your head (that doesn't actually exist)?
the only things i could think of was at a physical level, maybe if i took a multivitamin and drank more water, it would help (i'm not sure, because i've lacked the discipline to do that day in and day out consistently, but i've gone back to trying yesterday and today) any thoughts would be appreciated!:)

reslo

oh yeah and i sat down and posted this instead of applying for a job which was only accepting applications today up until a certain time. would have made it there before the time, but decided to avoid it, and it would have been a job that doesn't involve people much. way to go avp :/

LockieKermit

I get that somtimes to. And when you talk about having conversations in your head, I made a threat about an hour ago about it. Its quite common...

Cheery up Reslo, you might find being happier might actully snap you out of being slow