Perfectionism (an answer can be found)

Infected_Malignity

I've thought about this before, but it seems to make sense best in my life right now. I just started considering the fact that maybe there is no cure... and maybe that in itself is all I need to know, and the best news I've heard so far. Seriously. Us 'socially anxious' are really just dictating the shit out of our lives. At least I am. I've picked apart my existence enough to know all I've done so far is sit on the sidelines and never jump into the game. All because I keep trying to find either the 'perfect time', 'perfect place' or 'perfect someone'. Fuck that. Maybe all I need is the most rigid, untimely, crooked, miscalculated shot to fall out of the hoop for me to realize: Hey, I can just pick up the damn ball and try again.

I hope you're picking up on the analogy. That's my life for ya. I've never even screwed up. Never even tried. Nothing. I've sat around trying to 'overcome' something that's not even a problem at all, considering the fact that everybody on the face of this earth has a fear of being rejected. The only difference is that most SA people are perfectionists... and I know enough people in real life & the internet alike to be able to conclude, once again that social anxiety and social phobia are NOT fucking diseases. That's why whoever told you it was was probably either trying to sell you something, or otherwise attempt to 'treat' your condition... and make a hefty profit while doing so. Sure, they help some people, but this is exactly why they can't help everyone. Or better yet, WON'T.

So stop thinking it's so deeply rooted. Stop digging and digging endlessly for an answer. And most of all, stop trying to be the perfect ________________(fill in the blank with whatever you are or do). You're going to fuck up. You're going to feel pain. You're going to get rejected. You're going to have an eternal fear of being rejected. Everybody on the face of this earth does! You are soooooo not alone.

Most of all, life sucks. But I mean that in the best way possible. It kicks you in the teeth all the time. It drains you of everything you are. But somehow, for some goddamn reason, you will ALWAYS come back for more. I fucking guarantee it!

Muahahaha...

In conclusion, nobody's perfect, the timing is always going to be off, you're going to lose and lose and lose and lose until you finally hit the jackpot. And hell, you might not ever. But it's the journey that counts, not the damn destination.

Have fun with your life, it might me the only one you've got!

TAMPA-BAY

PERFECT

I agree with you except I might of sugar coated it a bit more.LOl

Have you ever did any research on a book named {when Perfect isn't Good enough?} by martin M. antony & Richard p Swinson?

It goes deeper into what you mentioned. It talks about how self-sabotaging perfectionist thinking is and its direct relation to Anxiet/Depression/Agrophobia/Body dismorphia/ Procrastanation/Anger/Worry/ Obsessive Compulsive behavior .

It seems to be at the root of all anxiety disorder.