PAXIL messed me really bad

holypaulie

Here is my story. Back in the days about 3 years ago I use to have depression. My ex-grilfiend broke up with me for 20 years older guy. I wanted to kill myself. I started looking on forums what is the best to treat depression. People the most talked and prefered PAXIL. I decided to try this "amazing" drug. I ordered from internet supply for a 2 months . My medicine worked pretty good. I had no feelings and I didin't care about anything. After month and half I decided slowly decrease my doseage and eventually stop it. Later on body start to sweat extremely a lot. I though that's because of withdrawal from PAXIL. I waited for another month until the drug is no more in my system. Nothing changed since that time. Now, I have excessive sweating even in winter time everything thanks to "amazing" drug PAXIL. :cry:
I've done some research about PAXIL and found out , that this drug is messing with thermoregualtion in brain. Does anbody experience excessive sweating due PAXIL?

SocialRetahd

Well, first, what dosage were you on?

Secondly, did you take your temperature under your arm? The average body temperature is 98.2°. I personally think this is a neurological disorder where you think that you are feeling hot when you are really aren't. I wouldn't put Paxil past causing something like that.

rado31

holypaulie said:
Here is my story. Back in the days about 3 years ago I use to have depression. My ex-grilfiend broke up with me for 20 years older guy. I wanted to *****. I started looking on forums what is the best to treat depression. People the most talked and prefered PAXIL. I decided to try this "amazing" drug. I ordered from internet supply for a 2 months . My medicine worked pretty good. I had no feelings and I didin't care about anything. After month and half I decided slowly decrease my doseage and eventually stop it. Later on body start to sweat extremely a lot. I though that's because of withdrawal from PAXIL. I waited for another month until the drug is no more in my system. Nothing changed since that time. Now, I have excessive sweating even in winter time everything thanks to "amazing" drug PAXIL. :cry:
I've done some research about PAXIL and found out , that this drug is messing with thermoregualtion in brain. Does anbody experience excessive sweating due PAXIL?

Well, after doing Prosac i sweat more than ever. I was to dumb to allowed to be put on that. Very , very bad shit. Except i was acting really strange when on it (Climbing on a a open buildings, drinkin schweppes form my shoe in discotheque ! lol , burnin some girls handbag with a lighter , and low-kickin her boyfriend , and some more wierd stuff) , because i was persuaded to use it. Because i didnt want it , i felt and i m feeling more Introspective (More SP). I just came to doctor office to ask them how to be more secure. Idiots. Not to mention how their wise speak fucked me even more than the medicines itself.

holypaulie

My dosage was 1 week 10 mg and then 20 mg/day.
My body temperature is normal unless I do any phisical exercise like simple walking or running and then my whole body feel really hot and my face with turn to bright red and I start to sweat like crazy which is really embarrassing and annoying.
When I see different people running at park they are sweat of course, but not they aren't red like me. I have my own gym in basment. I wish to go to real gym, but my sweating make me embarrast.

Marvolo

Oh, please don't scare me - I maybe will have exactly the same dosage if I take this medicine. I've hard as well that it's a great drug.

How long have you been having those sweating symptoms after the coplete withdrawal? Are they the only negative effects of this drug at you?

Aha - you would do better then, if you had gone to some psychologist or so, rather than taking self-chosen drugs for such kind of depression. It's such a suggestion of mine...

To rado31: they were actually weird things, I don't know what could you do which was even more strange... :lol:

Cheers!

holypaulie

Marvolo said:
Oh, please don't scare me - I maybe will have exactly the same dosage if I take this medicine. I've hard as well that it's a great drug.

How long have you been having those sweating symptoms after the coplete withdrawal? Are they the only negative effects of this drug at you?

Aha - you would do better then, if you had gone to some psychologist or so, rather than taking self-chosen drugs for such kind of depression. It's such a suggestion of mine...

To rado31: they were actually weird things, I don't know what could you do which was even more strange... :lol:

Cheers!
I have excessive sweating about 3 years after discontinuing that shit and I've never sweat like this before.
P.S. Widze ze jestes Polak tak jak i ja. Pozdrawiam z Ameryki.

Marvolo

holypaulie said:
I have excessive sweating about 3 years after discontinuing that shit and I've never sweat like this before.
P.S. Widze ze jestes Polak tak jak i ja. Pozdrawiam z Ameryki.

Oh, it's terrible!... 8O

P.S. Zgadza się. Również pozdrawiam. :)

Ehsan

I am experiencing similar problems. I take citalopram(60mg/day) and flouxetine(80mg/day) since 5 month ago.
I thought it may be caused by hyperthyroidism but as you said I should research on side effects of such drugs too.
Weird! I'll speak with my doctor about it.

avdub1

yes, lots of sweating!!

I have been on Paxil CR for about 5 years. Before, I was never a big sweater. Sure, when I ran, or did exerted force over a long period of time, sure. But now, just getting out of the shower and putting my clothes on, my entire BODY will be wet, and my forehead sweating like someone tossed a glass of water in my face. I absolutely HATE it. Now that its summertime, people think i'm crazy. I have to keep my apartment around 65 deg. to be comfortable. I HATE PAXIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

rado31

And i sweat more , but not from paxil. Plus i got fat (I have just met my shrink on the street and he said i m lookin well, my 20 kilos to him seemed like a sign of progress ! What is he-nuts? I have almost 110 kilos, why i didnt kick the bustard rite in his fucking head??). It is pretty obvious that shrinks dont know anything about this state. I m considering heroin to end my miserable life.

rubius

I have the same reactions but I believe it is not just from taking paxil. I am on prozac right now and it is even worse. Not just because it is summer of course. I have been on many meds. Effexor, clonazepam, zoloft, paxil cr, risperidone, and prozac. My weight is out of control and my sweating is worse than it has ever been. But what choices do I have. I need the meds. I can't function without them but they cause so many problems that I have trouble functioning while on them. I am going to talk to my psychiatrist about it, hopefully he will have some ideas. I will let you know if he comes up with any solutions.