partying and meds

getbornagain

I think I already know the answer to this question but maybe there is a grey area that I don't know about... Can you still drink moderately when on medication? I've been talking about going on meds for my OCD/depression with my therapist but I don't want to have to completely kill my social life. I'd like to still go out and have some beers with the buddies.... anyone know if I can still do this?

livingnsilence

Technically you're not suppossed too but it really depends on the meds. SSRI's, SNRI's, TCA's, buspar and many many others you can still drink on. However, be very very carefull. In my expierence, depending on the med, it can cut my tolerance and I end up drunker quicker than I should. Also, with me I've never been able to control my drinking and before meds, when I got really trashed I was just a happy goofy drunk, but on meds when I get trashed I'm psycho. I'll attack people for no reason, I'll forget I know people, I'll forget where I live and where I'm at ect. But so long as I keep my drinking to 4 drinks or less I seem to be fine.

livinginnsilence

oh I would also like to share my pics. This is so common when I get drunk

69.jpg

drunk-lesbian-coeds-upskirt.jpg

lesbian-sex-drunk-orgy.jpg

Tab

getbornagain said:
I think I already know the answer to this question but maybe there is a grey area that I don't know about... Can you still drink moderately when on medication? I've been talking about going on meds for my OCD/depression with my therapist but I don't want to have to completely kill my social life. I'd like to still go out and have some beers with the buddies.... anyone know if I can still do this?

For me I still drink and smoke weed. Weed relaxes me now where as before the meds I'd be freaking out. But while your drinking just take it easy the first couple times. Have a drink, see how you are after you drink it, just drink really slowly till you know how it will affect you. I'm just sayin whats worked for me. You should really ask the pharmacist if its ok to have a few drinks though. :)

I'm on meds and I get drunk all the time! You just gotta watch out because a lot of times you can't really tell how drunk you are so you drink too much and by then it's too late..

Lexmark

OK this is from experience so listen up
It depends on the med
I drank on all of them
the ones u shouldnt drink on are benzos and anti-phycotics
Will make u crazy silly