Participatory anxiety + boredom = hell

davemason2k

I've been filling out job applications for a couple weeks now and the wait is killing me. I haven't held a job for 3 years now and I'm sooooooo nervous about starting again. I had so much anxiety at my last job I quit after 3 weeks. Now I'm on meds and feeling a bit calmer around people, but I'm scared for my life. There's so many "what if" questions in my head right now and my confidence is in the dump. Oh yeah, and I have zero friends to talk to. I'm just sitting around the house overthinking everything. I just wish I could get started already, so I could get by the first couple weeks and hopefully settle in somewhere. I can't afford to quit another job because of anxiety. I'm freaking out right now. It's torture! I just had to get this off my chest. Anyone go through this before? Any tips for me?

NothingElseMatters

i really understand cause i used to have anticipatory anxiety for every event in my life.i guess what u can do is just focus on something else to take your mind of it for sometime...something that helps u calm a little+ 'what if' it the situation turns out to be better than the last time ?+'what if' u like it and don't want to quit+'what if'.........

chris87

I've never been through this specifically, but I am terrible with "what-if" situations. I try to find ways to occupy my times, so I don't dwell. I will spend hours thinking about things...what if I forgot to put my name on my paper or if I accidentally forgot to put a stamp on something I mailed. I think for me a lot of it has to do with OCD. It's so frustrating.